6/2 Sakai Product Council Meeting/Agenda

angell angell

6/2 Sakai Product Council Meeting/Agenda

I've taken the liberty of putting together an agenda for today's
Product Council call, given the planning already underway for the
2.8/3.0 releases and after noticing that Lois posted syntheses of the
Product Council Review, it would seem we have plenty to discuss.

8 pm GMT+2 / 7pm BST / 2pm EDT

Phone number: 1 (812)856-7060
Room code: 22350#
Password: 72524#

Agenda

1. Review/discuss Product Council activities around 2.8/3.0 releases &
the 2010 Conference

2. Review/discuss syntheses of Product Council Review

Product Council Review - Community Responses
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Product+Council+Review+-+Community+Responses

Product Council Review - PC Members' Responses
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Product+Council+Review+-+PC+Members'+Responses

This meeting's etherpad
http://typewith.me/Qnyc1FPVVc

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist
Stephen Marquard Stephen Marquard

Re: 6/2 Sakai Product Council Meeting/Agenda

Hi all,

I'm afraid I can't make today's meeting, so my apologies.

See you all at the conference.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Nate Angell <[hidden email]> 6/2/2010 5:14 PM >>>
I've taken the liberty of putting together an agenda for today's
Product Council call, given the planning already underway for the
2.8/3.0 releases and after noticing that Lois posted syntheses of the
Product Council Review, it would seem we have plenty to discuss.

8 pm GMT+2 / 7pm BST / 2pm EDT

Phone number: 1 (812)856-7060
Room code: 22350#
Password: 72524#

Agenda

1. Review/discuss Product Council activities around 2.8/3.0 releases &
the 2010 Conference

2. Review/discuss syntheses of Product Council Review

Product Council Review - Community Responses
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Product+Council+Review+-+Community+Responses

Product Council Review - PC Members' Responses
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Product+Council+Review+-+PC+Members'+Responses

This meeting's etherpad
http://typewith.me/Qnyc1FPVVc

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist
http://www.rsmart.com
http://twitter.com/xolotl
http://xolotl.org

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###

Lois Brooks-2 Lois Brooks-2

Re: 6/2 Sakai Product Council Meeting/Agenda

I'm traveling now and was unable to attend today's call, but am interested to hear the outcomes of your discussion on the syntheses I prepared of your comments.  Is someone able to provide a quick briefing?

Thanks, Lois

angell angell

Re: 6/2 Sakai Product Council Meeting/Agenda

Actually Lois, we didn't get to that stage of the agenda, focusing
instead on the Product Council's activity/stance in relation to the
2.8 and 3.0 releases.

We assumed that these syntheses might be followed by further
synthesis/outcomes, but are also willing to begin our own further
engagement with the review process.

-- Nate

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Lois Brooks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm traveling now and was unable to attend today's call, but am interested to hear the outcomes of your discussion on the syntheses I prepared of your comments.  Is someone able to provide a quick briefing?
>
> Thanks, Lois

Michael Feldstein Michael Feldstein

Re: 6/2 Sakai Product Council Meeting/Agenda

Well, we started to dive into the evaluations at the end of the conversation. There seemed to be preliminary consensus that, if the Product Council is going to continue, we need to define some clear objectives for the next year so that we'll have more uniform understanding throughout the community of what the PC is supposed to do and whether it is doing it. John suggested that the one thing we should focus on is facilitating the creation of roadmaps for Sakai 2.x and Sakai 3.x, and there again seemed to be preliminary consensus that it is a good idea.

- m

--
Oracle
Michael Feldstein | Principal Product Manager

Green Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment