[Building Sakai] Learning Record Stores?

[Building Sakai] Learning Record Stores?

Hey all,

Is anyone planning on setting up Learning Record Stores a la' xAPI /
TinCan or doing other related kinds of analytics?

If so, please let me know, if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Sakai Community Coordinator
Apereo Foundation

Aaron Zeckoski-3 Aaron Zeckoski-3

Re: [Building Sakai] Learning Record Stores?

Unicon (and the Apereo LAI) is doing a lot of work with learning
record stores (related to the xAPI/Tincan spec). I probably need more
information about what you are looking for though.

Lots of info at these links:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/LAI/
https://www.unicon.net/services/learning-analytics

-AZ

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Is anyone planning on setting up Learning Record Stores a la' xAPI /
> TinCan or doing other related kinds of analytics?
>
> If so, please let me know, if you don't mind.
>
> Thanks!
> Neal
>
> --
> Neal Caidin
> Sakai Community Coordinator
> Apereo Foundation
> [hidden email]
> Skype me! (but let me know in advance for the first interaction) - nealkdin

Alan Berg-2 Alan Berg-2

Re: [Building Sakai] Learning Record Stores?

Yes, UvA is busy in this direction. Hopefully, pushing into LAI. Interested in your motivation.

On 26 Jun 2014 20:41, "Aaron Zeckoski" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unicon (and the Apereo LAI) is doing a lot of work with learning
record stores (related to the xAPI/Tincan spec). I probably need more
information about what you are looking for though.

Lots of info at these links:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/LAI/
https://www.unicon.net/services/learning-analytics

-AZ

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Is anyone planning on setting up Learning Record Stores a la' xAPI /
> TinCan or doing other related kinds of analytics?
>
> If so, please let me know, if you don't mind.
>
> Thanks!
> Neal
>
> --
> Neal Caidin
> Sakai Community Coordinator
> Apereo Foundation
> [hidden email]
> Skype me! (but let me know in advance for the first interaction) - nealkdin

Uday Uday

Re: [Building Sakai] Learning Record Stores?

Hi Neal,

We have installed ADLNet LRS (https://github.com/adlnet/ADL_LRS) at
Marist (https://lrs.marist.edu) few months back. We are currently
pushing one of our Sakai 2.9 instance events using Mule by converting
JMS events from Sakai into xAPI Statements, also events from OAE MOOC
instances are stored through OAE's inbuilt API.

-Uday

Re: [Building Sakai] Learning Record Stores?

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the information and the question. The idea is to see if there is interest in Sakai schools wanting to talk about using LRS with Sakai, xAPI, etc. and maybe if they would like to participate in LAI (Learning Analytics Initiative) calls.

June 26, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Yes, UvA is busy in this direction. Hopefully, pushing into LAI. Interested in your motivation.

June 26, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Unicon (and the Apereo LAI) is doing a lot of work with learning
record stores (related to the xAPI/Tincan spec). I probably need more
information about what you are looking for though.

Lots of info at these links:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/LAI/
https://www.unicon.net/services/learning-analytics

-AZ