[Building Sakai] Sakai indie 2.9.1 tag, indie projects parent version.

jjmerono jjmerono

[Building Sakai] Sakai indie 2.9.1 tag, indie projects parent version.

Hi all,

Does anyone knows why all indie projects (e.g. announcement 2.9.1,
basic-lti 2.0.1, etc...) included in the 2.9.1 version, have as their
parent master version 2.9.0 instead of 2.9.1?
I thought that indie versions included in 2.9.1 should have 2.9.1 as
their master parent version, like versions included in 2.9.0 have 2.9.0
as parent version, is that right?

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/announcement/tags/announcement-2.9.0/pom.xml
(for sakai2.9.0)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/announcement/tags/announcement-2.9.1/pom.xml
(for sakai2.9.1, but the same parent version)

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/tags/basiclti-2.0.0/pom.xml
(for sakai2.9.0)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/tags/basiclti-2.0.1/pom.xml
(for sakai2.9.1, but the same parent version)

As this situation appears in every indie project I suspect that there is
a good reason (maybe in order to get out the indies releases before
releasing master 2.9.1),
I would love to know the reason, can anyone explain it?

Thanks in advance!!

Alex Balleste Alex Balleste

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai indie 2.9.1 tag, indie projects parent version.

Hi all. Could anybody confirm that the parent master version (2.9.0) is
right?  Juanjo asked it some days ago but I could not find any response
to that question.

Thanks in advance.!!

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
=====================
Universitat de Lleida
Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions
Analista/Programador

University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130
=====================

AVÍS LEGAL
Aquest missatge pot contindre informació privada o confidencial, i s'adreça exclusivament a la persona destinatària. Si l'heu rebut per error, comuniqueu-nos-ho i destruïu-lo, i tingueu present que no teniu autorització per fer-ne cap ús.

LEGAL NOTICE
This message may contain private or confidential information, and is addressed exclusively to its intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it. Please bear in mind that you are not authorized to use it for any purposes.

AVISO LEGAL
Este mensaje puede contener información privada o confidencial, y va dirigido exclusivamente a la persona destinataria. Si lo ha recibido por error, comuníquenoslo y destrúyalo, y recuerde que en ningún caso tiene autorización para utilizarlo.

AVERTIMENT LEGAL
Aqueste messatge pòt conténer d'informacion privada o confidenciala, e s¿adreça sonque a la persona destinatària. Se l¿avètz recebut per causa erronèa, vos demandam d'o nos far saber e de lo destrusir immediatament, e vos remembram qu'avètz pas cap d'autorizacion per l'utilizar per qué que siá.

Gast, Cynthia M. (cmw6s) Gast, Cynthia M. (cmw6s)

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai indie 2.9.1 tag, indie projects parent version.

Hello,
I am seeing the same thing and I think the 2.9.1 master version, in all the 2.9.1 indie projects, should = 2.9.1.  We build all source, including kernel and indie source, with local changes.

See my posting to :  "Problem with 2.9.1".

Thanks,
Cynthia Gast
UVa Sakai development team

Hi all. Could anybody confirm that the parent master version (2.9.0) is
right?  Juanjo asked it some days ago but I could not find any response
to that question.

Thanks in advance.!!

On 02/15/2013 10:02 AM, JUAN JOSé MEROñO SáNCHEZ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone knows why all indie projects (e.g. announcement 2.9.1,
> basic-lti 2.0.1, etc...) included in the 2.9.1 version, have as their
> parent master version 2.9.0 instead of 2.9.1?
> I thought that indie versions included in 2.9.1 should have 2.9.1 as
> their master parent version, like versions included in 2.9.0 have 2.9.0
> as parent version, is that right?
>
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/announcement/tags/announcement-2.9.0/pom.xml
> (for sakai2.9.0)
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/announcement/tags/announcement-2.9.1/pom.xml
> (for sakai2.9.1, but the same parent version)
>
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/tags/basiclti-2.0.0/pom.xml
> (for sakai2.9.0)
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/tags/basiclti-2.0.1/pom.xml
> (for sakai2.9.1, but the same parent version)
>
> As this situation appears in every indie project I suspect that there is
> a good reason (maybe in order to get out the indies releases before
> releasing master 2.9.1),
> I would love to know the reason, can anyone explain it?
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai indie 2.9.1 tag, indie projects parent version.

Correct. The parent should be 2.9.1. I brought this up on the release team list and the response was that it should be ok since the API shouldnt have changed between 2.9.0 and 2.9.1, but the dupe jars will be an issue.

2.9 moved to a new release process and some teething problems are still being worked out.

Cheers
Steve

Gesendent von meinem iPhone

On 21/02/2013, at 4:46, "Gast, Cynthia (cmw6s)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am seeing the same thing and I think the 2.9.1 master version, in all the 2.9.1 indie projects, should = 2.9.1.  We build all source, including kernel and indie source, with local changes.
>
> See my posting to :  "Problem with 2.9.1".
>
> Thanks,
> Cynthia Gast
> UVa Sakai development team

Thank-you, Steve :-)

Yes, for those of us who build all projects locally, the dupe jars are an issue.  I'm attaching the 'svn diff' of the changes I made here at UVa, to avoid the dupe jars and downloading of previous version jars, for the Indie projects.  Note that I also adjusted SNAPSHOT versions to instead be the 2.9.1 project version.

Cheers,
Cynthia Gast
UVa Sakai development team

Correct. The parent should be 2.9.1. I brought this up on the release team list and the response was that it should be ok since the API shouldnt have changed between 2.9.0 and 2.9.1, but the dupe jars will be an issue.

2.9 moved to a new release process and some teething problems are still being worked out.

Cheers
Steve

Gesendent von meinem iPhone

On 21/02/2013, at 4:46, "Gast, Cynthia (cmw6s)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am seeing the same thing and I think the 2.9.1 master version, in all the 2.9.1 indie projects, should = 2.9.1.  We build all source, including kernel and indie source, with local changes.
>
> See my posting to :  "Problem with 2.9.1".
>
> Thanks,
> Cynthia Gast
> UVa Sakai development team

2.9.1-fixIndiesPom.txt (32K) Download Attachment