[Building Sakai] Sakai properties reference

Adrian Fish-2 Adrian Fish-2

[Building Sakai] Sakai properties reference

Is this still valid?

If so, the user.recaptcha props need adding. I'll add them if the page is still relevant.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Matthew Jones-2 Matthew Jones-2

Aaron Zeckoski-3 Aaron Zeckoski-3

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai properties reference

The 2.9 version was a fair bit out of date (lots of things missing)
but the 10+ versions should be 100% (or really close to that) complete
(or they were about 6 months ago when Unicon brought them up to date).
Generally we (the core team) have been pretty good about adding the
new ones as they come up (at least for the past year or so).
-AZ

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Matthew Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No, those confluence pages relating to specific properties should probably
> all just be deleted as they are only as up-to-date as Sakai 2.6.
>
> Currently the best source of the most current default and available
> properties would be the default.properties file in the config tool for your
> version of Sakai, Sakai 10 and trunk for sure, and likely 2.9.
>
> Sakai 10
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/config/branches/sakai-10.x/configuration/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/config/bundle/default.sakai.properties
>
> Trunk
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/config/trunk/configuration/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/config/bundle/default.sakai.properties
>

> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Adrian Fish <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Is this still valid?
>>

>> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Properties+Reference+-+U
>>
>> If so, the user.recaptcha props need adding. I'll add them if the page is
>> still relevant.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian.

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai properties reference

Nice. That's awesome, thanks!

I'm planning on creating a properties page for the Sakai 10 release that identifies new properties that are added in this release.

-- Neal

May 24, 2014 at 9:04 AM
The 2.9 version was a fair bit out of date (lots of things missing)
but the 10+ versions should be 100% (or really close to that) complete
(or they were about 6 months ago when Unicon brought them up to date).
Generally we (the core team) have been pretty good about adding the
new ones as they come up (at least for the past year or so).
-AZ

May 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM
No, those confluence pages relating to specific properties should probably all just be deleted as they are only as up-to-date as Sakai 2.6.

Currently the best source of the most current default and available properties would be the default.properties file in the config tool for your version of Sakai, Sakai 10 and trunk for sure, and likely 2.9.

Sakai 10

Trunk

May 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Is this still valid?

If so, the user.recaptcha props need adding. I'll add them if the page is still relevant.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Sakai Community Coordinator
Apereo Foundation

Adrian Fish-2 Adrian Fish-2

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai properties reference

I was going to use this:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+10+new+properties+and+permissions

But maybe a better way is to link to the default.sakai.properties file, so that we only have one source to keep up to date. OTOH it might be useful to see the incrementally new properties that have been added for 10. Perhaps I could just do a diff with the 2.9.x properties file?

The simpler, the better, I think.

?

May 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Is this the current page?

Matthew's right, we should trash the old pages. One page with the Sakai versions against each property seems the way to go.

Adrian.

Sakai Community Coordinator
Apereo Foundation

Aaron Zeckoski-3 Aaron Zeckoski-3

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai properties reference

>I don't think we want to maintain a confluence page with the settings. We can probably just list the important new config properties in 10 in the release notes and that might be good enough

How is that different than having a Confluence page? The Confluence page is included in the Release notes. Do you mean a Jira query that picks up all the Jira tickets with the properties flag set ?  That doesn't seem like what you mean.

-- Neal

May 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM
[...]

May 24, 2014 at 9:09 AM
[...]

I meant I don't think it is worth keeping a separate page with complete set or a partial set of settings. I don't think there is a magic way to pull the settings via jira. They are typically pasted into the comment or description of the ticket but not always. Sometimes only the box is checked and you would have to look at the code committed to determine the actual settings that were added.

Essentially, it is a fair bit of manual work. The possible alternative would be to try to look at the complete default props file right after the reorganization that cleaned it up and brought things up to date and then just see what changed since then.That would probably be 80% of the new stuff.

-AZ