[DG: Strategy & Advocacy] Sakai Development Process

Michael Korcuska Michael Korcuska

[DG: Strategy & Advocacy] Sakai Development Process

The Sakai Foundation and board of directors would like your feedback
and input on a proposed new development process for the Sakai
community. As you may know, the Sakai Board of Directors recently
conducted a 2-day retreat focusing on the strategic direction for the
Sakai Foundation, especially with regard to how it should use its
resources to support the Sakai community development process. Over the
last few weeks, we have been working on recommendations for changing
the development process.

The attached white paper documents these recommendations. The Sakai
Foundation will be working to enact this process and we are eager for
your feedback and suggestions for improving the general framework
we've outlined. So please feel free to send your feedback to the lists
or directly to me.

I will also be scheduling a few webinars in the coming weeks to
present the development model and to allow for real-time discussion.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Michael

--
Michael Korcuska
Executive Director, Sakai Foundation

Sakai Development Process 2009 v05b.pdf (150K) Download Attachment
Jean-Francois Leveque Jean-Francois Leveque

Re: [DG: Strategy & Advocacy] [Building Sakai] Sakai Development Process

I wonder why the Scorecard isn't mentioned. I think it could be a good
instrument to measure useful elements contributing to the council decisions.

Best regards,

Jean-Francois

Michael Korcuska a écrit :

> The Sakai Foundation and board of directors would like your feedback and
> input on a proposed new development process for the Sakai community. As
> you may know, the Sakai Board of Directors recently conducted a 2-day
> retreat focusing on the strategic direction for the Sakai Foundation,
> especially with regard to how it should use its resources to support the
> Sakai community development process. Over the last few weeks, we have
> been working on recommendations for changing the development process.
>
> The attached white paper documents these recommendations. The Sakai
> Foundation will be working to enact this process and we are eager for
> your feedback and suggestions for improving the general framework we've
> outlined. So please feel free to send your feedback to the lists or
> directly to me.
>
> I will also be scheduling a few webinars in the coming weeks to present
> the development model and to allow for real-time discussion.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael
>
> --Michael Korcuska
> Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
> [hidden email]
> phone: +1 510-931-6559
> mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
> skype: mkorcuska
Aaron Zeckoski Aaron Zeckoski

Re: [DG: Strategy & Advocacy] [Building Sakai] Sakai Development Process

I would have thought so as well.
-AZ

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Jean-Francois Leveque
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wonder why the Scorecard isn't mentioned. I think it could be a good
> instrument to measure useful elements contributing to the council decisions.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean-Francois
>
> Michael Korcuska a écrit :
>>
>> The Sakai Foundation and board of directors would like your feedback and
>> input on a proposed new development process for the Sakai community. As
>> you may know, the Sakai Board of Directors recently conducted a 2-day
>> retreat focusing on the strategic direction for the Sakai Foundation,
>> especially with regard to how it should use its resources to support the
>> Sakai community development process. Over the last few weeks, we have
>> been working on recommendations for changing the development process.
>>
>> The attached white paper documents these recommendations. The Sakai
>> Foundation will be working to enact this process and we are eager for
>> your feedback and suggestions for improving the general framework we've
>> outlined. So please feel free to send your feedback to the lists or
>> directly to me.
>>
>> I will also be scheduling a few webinars in the coming weeks to present
>> the development model and to allow for real-time discussion.
>>
>> We look forward to hearing from you.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> --Michael Korcuska
>> Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
>> [hidden email]
>> phone: +1 510-931-6559
>> mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
>> skype: mkorcuska

Aaron Zeckoski ([hidden email])
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]
Michael Korcuska Michael Korcuska

Re: [DG: Strategy & Advocacy] [Building Sakai] Sakai Development Process

I agree that this remains a good idea, especially for "contrib"
projects, and will work on incorporating it.  If we're going to do
something like this, however, I think the system needs to be *much*
simpler than what was previously proposed.

Michael

On Mar 17, 2009, at 13:00, Aaron Zeckoski wrote:

> I would have thought so as well.
> -AZ
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Jean-Francois Leveque
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I wonder why the Scorecard isn't mentioned. I think it could be a
>> good
>> instrument to measure useful elements contributing to the council
>> decisions.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Jean-Francois
>>
>> Michael Korcuska a écrit :
>>>
>>> The Sakai Foundation and board of directors would like your
>>> feedback and
>>> input on a proposed new development process for the Sakai
>>> community. As
>>> you may know, the Sakai Board of Directors recently conducted a 2-
>>> day
>>> retreat focusing on the strategic direction for the Sakai
>>> Foundation,
>>> especially with regard to how it should use its resources to
>>> support the
>>> Sakai community development process. Over the last few weeks, we
>>> have
>>> been working on recommendations for changing the development
>>> process.
>>>
>>> The attached white paper documents these recommendations. The Sakai
>>> Foundation will be working to enact this process and we are eager
>>> for
>>> your feedback and suggestions for improving the general framework
>>> we've
>>> outlined. So please feel free to send your feedback to the lists or
>>> directly to me.
>>>
>>> I will also be scheduling a few webinars in the coming weeks to
>>> present
>>> the development model and to allow for real-time discussion.
>>>
>>> We look forward to hearing from you.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> --Michael Korcuska
>>> Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
>>> [hidden email]
>>> phone: +1 510-931-6559
>>> mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
>>> skype: mkorcuska

> Aaron Zeckoski ([hidden email])
> Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
> [http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
> Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]

--
Michael Korcuska
Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
[hidden email]
phone: +1 510-931-6559
mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
skype: mkorcuska

Michael Korcuska Michael Korcuska

[DG: Strategy & Advocacy] Sakai Development Process Webinar

I will be presenting the new proposed development model for Sakai in a
webinar next Wednesday, March 25th at 12:00 eastern time.  You can
sign up at:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/gQAgAw

Or send me an email and let me know you'd like to attend. Depending on
interest I will hold additional sessions the following week.  If there
is a large group from a single institution that is interested, you can
also feel free to schedule a specific time directly with me.

The original email is below and I've attached the proposal itself to
this message.

Best regards,

Michael

--
Michael Korcuska
Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
[hidden email]
phone: +1 510-931-6559
mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
skype: mkorcuska

Sakai Development Process 2009 v05b.pdf (150K) Download Attachment
Michael Korcuska-2 Michael Korcuska-2

[DG: Strategy & Advocacy] Sakai Development Process Webinar Details

On Mar 20, 2009, at 16:31, Michael Korcuska wrote:

I will be presenting the new proposed development model for Sakai in a
webinar next Wednesday, March 25th at 12:00 eastern time.  If you plan
to attend please add your name to the list:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/gQAgAw

The meeting will be held here:

http://breeze.iu.edu/sakaiprocess/
Telephone: 812-856-7060
Conference Code: 350
PIN: 72524

So we'll be using IU's breeze system for screen sharing but using the
Sakai002 bridge for voice.

--
Michael Korcuska
Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
[hidden email]
phone: +1 510-931-6559
mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
skype: mkorcuska

Michael Korcuska-2 Michael Korcuska-2

[DG: Strategy & Advocacy] CHANGE: Sakai Development Process Webinar Details

I will be presenting the new proposed development model for Sakai in a
webinar next Wednesday, March 25th at 12:00 eastern time.

Yesterday I said we would be using a Sakai bridge for voice and an
Adobe Acrobat Connect (formerly Breeze) room for slide sharing.  I've
been advised that we may have issues getting everyone onto the Sakai
bridge (over 25 people are currently  signed up) and that we should
use the audio conferencing built into breeze.  This will also allow
the entire meeting to be recorded.

So, sorry for the last minute change but all you need to do is go to
the following URL:

http://breeze.iu.edu/sakaiprocess/

To hear the audio you will need a speaker or headset. To speak you
will need a microphone. If you don't have a microphone handy there
will be a chat feature that will allow you to pose questions.