[DG: Teaching & Learning] Linking to the 'sign up' tool from a lessons page

Megan Marshall Megan Marshall

[DG: Teaching & Learning] Linking to the 'sign up' tool from a lessons page

Does anyone know how to link to the ‘sign up’ tool from a lessons page?  I want the link to open in the same window just like it does when you link directly to forums, assignments, other embedded web content, etc.

Since there is no short cut in the ‘Add Content’ pull down menu, is there another way to do this?

Megan  Marshall

eLearning Developer, Curriculum & Faculty Development;

Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC)

6100 Leslie Street, Toronto, ON, M2H 3J1

e: [hidden email]

w: http://cmcc.ca/

This communication together with any attachments is for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). Any other distribution, use or reproduction without the sender’s prior consent is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or shred the message without making any copies.
Adam Marshall-2 Adam Marshall-2

Re: [DG: Teaching & Learning] Linking to the 'sign up' tool from a lessons page

If you just want to link to the “front page” of the signup tool then you should be able to simply link to the “hierarchytool” URL of the main Sign-up tool iFrame. This URL looks like …../portal/hierarchytool/58371294-a2e9-4ca5-8443-1f3d4ab93353/signupMeetings.

The easiest way to do this is to go to the signup tool and opt to open the main content panel in a new tab. Firefox lets you do this: right mouse-button click then select This Frame > Open Frame in New Tab.

Adam

--

** Note change of email address to [hidden email] **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.

IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.

Luisa Li Luisa Li

Re: [DG: Teaching & Learning] Linking to the 'sign up' tool from a lessons page

Hello, Adam,

Your solution might not work for everybody. I tried in the Sakai instance in my college, it opens the signup tool on another tab with the url like this: .../site/5635fd7e-2464-473d-ad06-25ca5e9260b0/page/2d41a639-9bed-4089-81ff-83a899dfd4dc

If I link it in a Lesson page, it's simply a link to that sign-up tool page. You cannot pick a meeting in Lessons page as you would with a linked Forum topic. In the Sakai instance in my college, what Magan Marshall asked about cannot be done in Lessons. BTW, we use Sakai 2.9plus. I tried in Sakai 10.4 QA site and it is the same.

Best,
Luisa Li
Instructional Designer
Academic Technology & eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(845) 575-3303 (work)
[hidden email]

From:        Adam Marshall <[hidden email]>
To:        Megan Marshall <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date:        02/16/2015 07:32 AM
Sent by:        [hidden email]

** Note change of email address to adam.marshall@... **

e: mmarshall@...
w: http://cmcc.ca/

This communication together with any attachments is for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). Any other distribution, use or reproduction without the sender’s prior consent is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or shred the message without making any copies. _______________________________________________
pedagogy mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/pedagogy

From:        Adam Marshall <[hidden email]>