[DG: User Experience] Sakai OAE v1 RC2

Alan Marks Alan Marks

[DG: User Experience] Sakai OAE v1 RC2

After a good bash today,we've taken a few Jiras and have just cut RC2 tonight.

We're extending the clock a day

It ends at:
Tuesday, August 15, 2011 at 02:00 GMT
Tuesday, August 15, 2011 at 03:00 Cambridge
Monday, August 15, 2011 at 17:00 Pacific
Monday, August 15, 2011 at 20:00 Eastern
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 12:00 Sydney

Here are the tags:

Here are the fixes we took:
T Key Summary Assignee P Status Resolution Created Updated Fix Version/s Reporter

We would also like to take the following Jira, but I believe that we are waiting for a tag for Sparsemapcontent, which may require an RC3. I need to confirm when the rest of the world is awake.

>From before....

As per the plan I've communicated previously:
  • Once we hit zero for both Server and UI, we plan to cut an RC. Done!
  • Once that happens, we need to go into full bore testing mode. We'll have a bash on the RC + I'll be asking everyone on the team to focus on testing the RC.
  • We'll give it a 72 hour testing period before deciding to declare it done. If we take any fixes, then the cycle will repeat*.
  • Note we are trying to hit a Monday 15 August deadline, which is very tight so please be take this as your highest priority. If you can spend some weekend time, it's appreciated.
* A note about the cycle repeating if we take fixes - the amount of time we reset is dependent on the type of fix we take. If it's a major functional fix (for example) we'll reset 72 hours. If it's very isolated, like a integration test fix (for example) then we won't need much of a reset.

--Alan

--

Alan Marks
Sakai OAE Project Director

Ian Boston Ian Boston

Re: [DG: User Experience] Sakai OAE v1 RC2

> We would also like to take the following Jira, but I believe that we are waiting for a tag for Sparsemapcontent, which may require an RC3. I need to confirm when the rest of the world is awake.
> KERN-2156
>
> Sparse Map Memory leaks under load (probably memory leaks period.)

Luckily John noticed this comment, and has asked me to do a Tag, which
I will do for both Sparse and Solr.

I assume thats what you want, no one has asked me, and no one else
will be able to give you a tag.
the tag will be 1.0-20110813
Ian
Ian Boston Ian Boston

Re: [DG: User Experience] Sakai OAE v1 RC2

One more thing, its the weekend so I won't be at my desk or online for
all of it.
If you need another tag just send me an email when you want it and I
will get onto it.
Thanks

On 13 August 2011 10:21, Ian Boston <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> We would also like to take the following Jira, but I believe that we are waiting for a tag for Sparsemapcontent, which may require an RC3. I need to confirm when the rest of the world is awake.
>> KERN-2156
>>
>> Sparse Map Memory leaks under load (probably memory leaks period.)
>

> Luckily John noticed this comment, and has asked me to do a Tag, which
> I will do for both Sparse and Solr.
>
> I assume thats what you want, no one has asked me, and no one else
> will be able to give you a tag.
> the tag will be 1.0-20110813
> Ian

Alan Marks Alan Marks

Re: [DG: User Experience] Sakai OAE v1 RC2

Thanks Ian. Zach asked you in IRC when you popped on yesterday, but I didn't realize you two hadn't actually connected. If we need another tag, I'll make sure we ask on list.