Draft of the PC's thematic priorities list

Michael Feldstein Michael Feldstein

Draft of the PC's thematic priorities list

Hey gang,

As promised, here's the work I did to sketch out the goals we discussed in this week's call: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/2.8+Exercise

Go to town!

- m

Clay Fenlason Clay Fenlason

Re: Draft of the PC's thematic priorities list

A comment or two:

- the resource issue with CKeditor is not only with QA, it's also with
the coding work necessary to make it happen even theoretically. So
far, it remains only an aspiration and no one has said they're
prepared to do the work (let alone support it). The aspiration seems
strong enough that I'm hopeful, but we'd still need to recruit someone
somehow.

- we need to link roadmap development to resource commitment from
institutions. It's a familiar chicken-or-egg situation once again, but
we too often talk about the first without the second.

~Clay

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Michael Feldstein
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> As promised, here's the work I did to sketch out the goals we discussed in
> this week's call:
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/2.8+Exercise
>
> Go to town!
>
> - m

Anthony Whyte Anthony Whyte

Re: Draft of the PC's thematic priorities list

Over the weekend I suggested an additional 11 scenarios to be considered for future 2.x releases (see comment).  Please take a look at those as well.  Stephen has already commented on one of my scenarios.

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/2.8+Possible+Scenarios

Cheers,

Anthony

On Jun 7, 2010, at 9:55 AM, Clay Fenlason wrote:

> A comment or two:
>
> - the resource issue with CKeditor is not only with QA, it's also with
> the coding work necessary to make it happen even theoretically. So
> far, it remains only an aspiration and no one has said they're
> prepared to do the work (let alone support it). The aspiration seems
> strong enough that I'm hopeful, but we'd still need to recruit someone
> somehow.
>
> - we need to link roadmap development to resource commitment from
> institutions. It's a familiar chicken-or-egg situation once again, but
> we too often talk about the first without the second.
>
> ~Clay
>
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Michael Feldstein
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey gang,
>>
>> As promised, here's the work I did to sketch out the goals we discussed in
>> this week's call:
>> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/2.8+Exercise
>>
>> Go to town!
>>
>> - m

Clay Fenlason Clay Fenlason

Re: Draft of the PC's thematic priorities list

I'm reading your list, Anthony, as the beginning of a refresh of
detailed maintenance team 'reforms,' thanks. I'll start to work
details into the high-level draft now.

~Clay

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Anthony Whyte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Over the weekend I suggested an additional 11 scenarios to be considered for future 2.x releases (see comment).  Please take a look at those as well.  Stephen has already commented on one of my scenarios.
>
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/2.8+Possible+Scenarios
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony
>
> On Jun 7, 2010, at 9:55 AM, Clay Fenlason wrote:
>
>> A comment or two:
>>
>> - the resource issue with CKeditor is not only with QA, it's also with
>> the coding work necessary to make it happen even theoretically. So
>> far, it remains only an aspiration and no one has said they're
>> prepared to do the work (let alone support it). The aspiration seems
>> strong enough that I'm hopeful, but we'd still need to recruit someone
>> somehow.
>>
>> - we need to link roadmap development to resource commitment from
>> institutions. It's a familiar chicken-or-egg situation once again, but
>> we too often talk about the first without the second.
>>
>> ~Clay
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Michael Feldstein
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hey gang,
>>>
>>> As promised, here's the work I did to sketch out the goals we discussed in
>>> this week's call:
>>> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/2.8+Exercise
>>>
>>> Go to town!
>>>
>>> - m

goodrum goodrum

Sakai Learning Capabilities v 1.0 document

Hi everyone,

The Sakai Learning Capabilities v 1.0 document has been released. This document is the culmination of months of work by the Sakai Teaching & Learning Community via conference calls and virtual meetings. Discussions at the last conference were the catalyst for this work. Now we anticipate this work will be a catalyst for Sakai 3 design and development.

Josh Baron will be following up with additional info on the Thursday afternoon conference session.

Regards - David Goodrum

angell angell

Re: Sakai Learning Capabilities v 1.0 document

I would like to send a special congratulations and thank you to all
the people who put time and energy into this document—possibly one of
the most important ever authored in the Sakai community!

I can envision this document beginning a new era of capabilities
against which all learning tools are measured.

Kudos!

--
Nate Angell
http://www.rsmart.com