Everglades tour

Adam Marshall-2 Adam Marshall-2

Everglades tour

I’m not a Game of Thrones man myself but I do fancy seeing an alligator (or is it a crocodile?).

I was wondering if anybody was planning an airboat tour of the Everglades? I’ve done a bit of research and it seems possible but it’s a bit of a hike to get to the place where the tour starts, I was thinking that if a small number of other people were interested then it may be more affordable.

Adam

PS Is there another list for discussing conference matters?

--

** Note change of email address to [hidden email] **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.

IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.

Re: Everglades tour

Mostly, if not all, alligators. Please don't feed them marshmallows ;-). Lots of beautiful birds and flora. Mosquito repellent is a must!

-- Neal

May 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I’m not a Game of Thrones man myself but I do fancy seeing an alligator (or is it a crocodile?).

I was wondering if anybody was planning an airboat tour of the Everglades? I’ve done a bit of research and it seems possible but it’s a bit of a hike to get to the place where the tour starts, I was thinking that if a small number of other people were interested then it may be more affordable.

Adam

PS Is there another list for discussing conference matters?

--

** Note change of email address to [hidden email] **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.

IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.

Sakai Community Coordinator
Apereo Foundation

Re: Everglades tour

I'd be interested in this. Leaving from Sydney now, offline for the next 24 hours. Keep me in the loop. What day were you thinking, Saturday before conference or some other time?

Cheers
Steve

sent from my mobile device

On 30/05/2014 2:06 AM, "Adam Marshall" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m not a Game of Thrones man myself but I do fancy seeing an alligator (or is it a crocodile?).

I was wondering if anybody was planning an airboat tour of the Everglades? I’ve done a bit of research and it seems possible but it’s a bit of a hike to get to the place where the tour starts, I was thinking that if a small number of other people were interested then it may be more affordable.

Adam

PS Is there another list for discussing conference matters?

--

** Note change of email address to [hidden email] **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.

IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.

Khan, Salwa Khan, Salwa

Re: Everglades tour

Hi, Bob here (Dr. Khan's spouse).  I'd like to find out how to join the group.  Very interested.

You can respond to this email or contact me at [hidden email] or 512.633.1371.

Bob Currie

Salwa Khan, Ph.D.
Coordinator, IT Projects
Texas State University
Instructional Technologies Support
[hidden email]
512 245-4390

Re: Everglades tour

Hi all,

I just got back from this tour. The airboat tour itself is pretty good. The Everglades are about a 50 minute drive away on the tour bus. The only downside is that the tour bus left without me and I had to get the Safari Park staff to call the driver to come back...

If you still want to go, you can book at the Hotel concierge. Leaves at 10am and 2pm and is 4 hours long. It's $50 plus tip for the driver (though I didn't part with that, for obvious reasons).

cheers,
Steve