Google Summer of Code 2009

Dr. Chuck Dr. Chuck

Google Summer of Code 2009

I was the lead mentor for the Sakai/IMS Google Summer of code effort.
The is pretty cool - Google pays selected students, about $5K to work
for our open source project for the summer and pays Sakai Foundation
$500 - you as the mentor get no cash - but you may get a free trip to
Google for the mentor retreat.

I did this last year and while it was a lot of work - it was a blast
and the mentor summit *rocked* because 150 different Open Source
projects were represented.

I have not yet decided if I want to lead our effort this summer - so I
am checking to see if anyone wants to get involved and/or take over
from me.

Here is the 2008 details:

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

Here is the page I produced for the 2008 soc effort:

http://141.211.144.161/soc2008/

Let me know if you want to participate / run this.

/Chuck
This automatic notification message was sent by Sakai Collab (https://collab.sakaiproject.org//portal) from the DG: Strategy & Advocacy site.
You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace > Preferences.