LDAP connection question

bruceballou bruceballou

LDAP connection question

 Dear Mr. Swinsburg,

I found your instructions on utilizing LDAP for sakai authentication.  I host sakai for some schools here in New Hampshire, USA, and I need to be able to reach back to their LDAP servers which sit behind their firewalls. Do you have any directions on how to best accomplish this?  I think I need the schools to give me an IP address (public) that I can point to and they can allow my IP address to pass to the LDAP server.

If anyone has used LDAP in this configuration, I would like to hear from you and any findings on how you worked out any issues.

Any help you can give me on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

Bruce Ballou
Network/System Administrator
OLK12, LLC
25 Lowell Street
Manchester, NH 03101
(603) 232-9081

Gordon, Patricia (psg3a) Gordon, Patricia (psg3a)

Re: LDAP connection question

Hi Bruce, posting this back to you from one of our developers who is not on the [hidden email] list.

Trisha Gordon
UVaCollab User Support Manager

ITC Advanced Technology Group (ATG)
https://collab.itc.virginia.edu
[hidden email]

Dept. of Information Technology and Communication
University of Virginia
PO Box 400198
Charlottesville, VA 22904
434.243.5465