Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

Dr. Chuck Dr. Chuck

Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

Has anyone come up with a clever way to get to the hotel with public transportation that is reasonably convenient?

/Chuck
Branden Visser-2 Branden Visser-2

Re: Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

I took the SuperShuttle. Not sure it is public though. Cost $16 and was more or less direct.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 31, 2014, at 12:04 AM, Charles Severance <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Has anyone come up with a clever way to get to the hotel with public transportation that is reasonably convenient?
>
> /Chuck
Dr. Chuck Dr. Chuck

Re: Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

Sounds like that might be optimal.   Thanks.

/Chuck

On May 31, 2014, at 12:11 AM, Branden Visser <[hidden email]> wrote:

I took the SuperShuttle. Not sure it is public though. Cost $16 and was more or less direct.

Aaron Zeckoski-3 Aaron Zeckoski-3

Re: Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

I took the metro rail + metromover (which is definitely public). Takes
about 45 mins from MIA to the hotel stop (Adrienne Arsht Center) with
one change. Cost is like $2.50. They have free wifi as well.
It's not luxury but it's a typical metro experience (not bad IMO).

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp
-AZ

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Charles Severance <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds like that might be optimal.   Thanks.
>
> /Chuck
>

> On May 31, 2014, at 12:11 AM, Branden Visser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I took the SuperShuttle. Not sure it is public though. Cost $16 and was more
> or less direct.

Josh Baron Josh Baron

Re: Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

although not the least expensive, my cab ride was $25 with tip which wasn't too much more than the shuttle.
-----------------------------
Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron

From:        Charles Severance <[hidden email]>
To:        Branden Visser <[hidden email]>,
Cc:        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date:        05/31/2014 04:47 AM
Subject:        Re: [DG: Open Forum] Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel,        Public transportation seems pretty dismal...
Sent by:        [hidden email]

On May 31, 2014, at 12:11 AM, Branden Visser <mrvisser@...> wrote:

I took the SuperShuttle. Not sure it is public though. Cost $16 and was more or less direct.

Max Whitney Max Whitney

Re: Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

I did the metro rail + metromover for $2.50 and it was just fine. I failed to make the change (due to the free wifi absorbing my attention) so I got a free tour of Miami in the bargain. Took me a little over an hour.

-- Max

On May 31, 2014, at 12:24 AM, Aaron Zeckoski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I took the metro rail + metromover (which is definitely public). Takes
> about 45 mins from MIA to the hotel stop (Adrienne Arsht Center) with
> one change. Cost is like $2.50. They have free wifi as well.
> It's not luxury but it's a typical metro experience (not bad IMO).
>
> http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp
> -AZ
>

> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Charles Severance <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sounds like that might be optimal.   Thanks.
>>
>> /Chuck
>>

>> On May 31, 2014, at 12:11 AM, Branden Visser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I took the SuperShuttle. Not sure it is public though. Cost $16 and was more
>> or less direct.

Anthony Whyte Anthony Whyte

Re: Looking at Miami Airport to the Apereo Hotel, Public transportation seems pretty dismal...

I did the $2.50 route as well.  Solid tip from AZ.