Marist College's Enterprise Computing MOOC Running on Sakai 2.9

Josh Baron Josh Baron

Marist College's Enterprise Computing MOOC Running on Sakai 2.9

On Monday, July 8, 2013 Marist College will launch our first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), titled Introduction to Enterprise Computing, using the Sakai CLE 2.9 with a slimmed down tool set that includes Lesson Builder.  The MOOC has been developed by our Institute for Data Center Professionals which is part of our School of Computer Science and Mathematics and is the first in a series of MOOCs we will be experimenting with over the coming academic year.

Below is more information on the MOOC and how to register.  Please feel free to distribute this to others as it is open to the public (and free).

FYI, Josh

Introduction to Enterprise Computing MOOC
This course provides an introduction to concepts of Enterprise Computing.  In particular, it focuses on the role of the System z hardware and its primary operating system z/OS in an Enterprise Computing environment. The introductory topic provides an overview of Enterprise Computing in general. This is followed with an introduction to the System z enterprise server hardware and its operating system, z/OS. Enterprise computing involves many different types of workloads; for example, transaction processing, business intelligence, end user interactive computing, web serving, data serving, batch, and many others. This short course will provide an overview of two very important Enterprise Computing workloads: end user interactive computing (TSO/ISPF and USS) and batch processing and their related technologies.

  1. Enter  in to Firefox or Internet Explorer.
  2. Click on the Enterprise Community button in the lower left of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Sign Up" button to create an account
  4. Once your account is created, click on the "Login" button to get into the MOOC.

The MOOC runs from July 8 to August 30, 2013. Until the MOOC opens, you will simply see a message that it opens on July 8th. We are keeping a record of everyone who enrolls and we will remind them when the MOOC opens on July 8th.

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601