Missing assessment scores in samigo

Wayne Kwok Wayne Kwok

Missing assessment scores in samigo

Dear end-user-support group,

We have a sakai course site where a few students took a samigo assessment but the Tests & Quizzes tool shows "no submission" next to their name for that assessment. Here is what I found so far:

I got the ID for the assessment from sam_publishedassessment_t;
>From sam.assessment.take, I queried for the student's agentID, saw that they took the assessment (publishedassessmentID = ID from sam_publishedassessment_t), noted the sessionID;
Then, I queried sam.assessment.submit for the sessionID from sam.assessment.take to see that the assessment was submitted.

What I noticed in the sam_publishedassessment_t is that there were multiple IDs (155, 162) for the same assessment. (The assessments with the right title all had 108 as their assessmentID, but different IDs.) I found that the students who had missing scores, took the assessment with ID 155 and the rest of the students took 162.

The only explanation I can think of is that the instructor removed (instead of retracted) 155 and published the assessment again (ID 162). The scores for the students who took 155 were lost. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

Thank you!

Wayne

Ulf Sperens Ulf Sperens

Re: Missing assessment scores in samigo

Hello Wayne,

I think you are right. We have experienced the same in one of our courses. As an administrator (but I do not know how extended my rights are in the system) I could not re-publish the original test or find the scores anywhere in the system. Does this mean that the scores are totally lost or is there a possibility to recover the scores from a back-up server?

Best regards

Ulf Sperens
Centre for Teaching and Learning
Umea university, Sweden

We have a sakai course site where a few students took a samigo assessment but the Tests & Quizzes tool shows "no submission" next to their name for that assessment. Here is what I found so far:

I got the ID for the assessment from sam_publishedassessment_t;
>From sam.assessment.take, I queried for the student's agentID, saw that they took the assessment (publishedassessmentID = ID from sam_publishedassessment_t), noted the sessionID;
Then, I queried sam.assessment.submit for the sessionID from sam.assessment.take to see that the assessment was submitted.

What I noticed in the sam_publishedassessment_t is that there were multiple IDs (155, 162) for the same assessment. (The assessments with the right title all had 108 as their assessmentID, but different IDs.) I found that the students who had missing scores, took the assessment with ID 155 and the rest of the students took 162.

The only explanation I can think of is that the instructor removed (instead of retracted) 155 and published the assessment again (ID 162). The scores for the students who took 155 were lost. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

Thank you!

Wayne

narasi narasi

IE8 and Sakai 2.6 compatability issues

We need some advice on IE8 and Sakai 2.6 we are seeing some issues with Display (left side menu) and the Wiki tools is also having some display issues. Since some of our colleges have standardized their build on IE and this is the main browser recommended for our central systems we need some advice on how you'll are managing the above stated issues.

Thank you for your input.

Narasi Ramachandran
Univ of Florida
Asst In Faculty Trainer
e-Learning Support Service

We have a sakai course site where a few students took a samigo assessment but the Tests & Quizzes tool shows "no submission" next to their name for that assessment. Here is what I found so far:

I got the ID for the assessment from sam_publishedassessment_t;
>From sam.assessment.take, I queried for the student's agentID, saw that they took the assessment (publishedassessmentID = ID from sam_publishedassessment_t), noted the sessionID;
Then, I queried sam.assessment.submit for the sessionID from sam.assessment.take to see that the assessment was submitted.

What I noticed in the sam_publishedassessment_t is that there were multiple IDs (155, 162) for the same assessment. (The assessments with the right title all had 108 as their assessmentID, but different IDs.) I found that the students who had missing scores, took the assessment with ID 155 and the rest of the students took 162.

The only explanation I can think of is that the instructor removed (instead of retracted) 155 and published the assessment again (ID 162). The scores for the students who took 155 were lost. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

Thank you!

Wayne

Re: IE8 and Sakai 2.6 compatability issues

Hi Narasi,

IE8 has not been QA'd against recent Sakai 2.x releases. Apparently you can resolve a number of issues by running in compatibility mode.
See:http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Browser+Support

cheers,
Steve