New to this mailing list

Drew Podwal Drew Podwal

New to this mailing list

New to this mailing list Hello all,

I am new to this mailing list and the Sakai Project community.  I am a custom media producer at Macmillan – Bedford, Freemand & Worth publishers, and will be managing the production of all of our Sakai cartridges.  If anyone has any questions about our titles or our experiences please feel free to ask me.

I am specifically looking for information on Sakai cartridge formatting.  I’ve had some experience with rSmart and eTudes, but am trying to figure out what standard format Sakai accepts.  Does it support the IMS common cartridge format?

Also, if you feel there’s another mailing list that would better suit this post please let me know.

Thanks,

Drew

   Drew Podwal
    Custom Media Producer
    Bedford, Freeman & Worth  Publishers
    41 Madison Avenue | 38th Floor
    New York, NY 10010

p: (212) 817-5118 | e: [hidden email] | skype: drew.podwal

Mathieu Plourde Mathieu Plourde

Re: New to this mailing list

New to this mailing list

Hi Drew,

It depends on how integrated you want your content to be. Some contributed tools (ie. non-core Sakai tools) support SCORM and IMS CC formats, but they are not necessarily implemented in every institution. We are going to have a BOF on standards at the Boston Conference in 3 weeks.

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/CONF10/Wednesday-SCORM+and+IMS+CC+(BOF)

If you could define your use case, we could try to figure out what the best option is for you.

Best Regards,

=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA

Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer

IT-User Services

[hidden email]

=================================

TOP LINKS:

Technology Troubleshooting: http://www.udel.edu/help

Sakai@UD Support and Training: http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training

ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (ATS): http://www.ats.udel.edu/

ATS brings together outstanding IT resources and support for teaching, presentations, instructional technology development projects, and a faculty community of practice. ATS is located on the second floor of East Hall. Faculty members wishing to schedule a consultation should call 302-8310640 to make an appointment.

tracyk859 tracyk859

Re: New to this mailing list

Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

http://moviesonlinefree.biz