OAE Load Testing Results from IU

May, Megan Marie May, Megan Marie

OAE Load Testing Results from IU

Colleagues,
  This past year Indiana University purchased a proprietary load testing tool and an application performance monitoring tool to aid determining the scalability of software prior to production deployment.  IU is pleased to be able to use the existing infrastructure for performance testing with this software to test an OAE tag on local servers.  I am pleased to be able to share these results with the community.

Many  of  the measures gathered by monitoring software for this initial load test are positive indications that OAE is performing well under moderate load. Other measures indicate that we have  opportunities for tuning OAE, but there are always opportunities for tuning an application.   Additional load tests with extremely heavy load (not included in this report) were executed in an  attempt to “break the app” and no  internal server errors  occurred. In other words, the application pools  may  have  been  saturated, but the application continued to  process  requests  successfully.

This information is very encouraging and speaks to the OAE progressing on the right path.

Thanks,
Megan

Megan May
Interim Manager, Oncourse
UITS Enterprise Academic Software Division
Indiana University
Office:  317-274-4528

IU_OAE_Load_Test_Report.pdf (2M) Download Attachment
Clay Fenlason Clay Fenlason

Re: OAE Load Testing Results from IU

A heartening report, and I'm grateful for IU's effort in working it up.

~Clay

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM, May, Megan Marie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>  This past year Indiana University purchased a proprietary load testing tool and an application performance monitoring tool to aid determining the scalability of software prior to production deployment.  IU is pleased to be able to use the existing infrastructure for performance testing with this software to test an OAE tag on local servers.  I am pleased to be able to share these results with the community.
>
> Many  of  the measures gathered by monitoring software for this initial load test are positive indications that OAE is performing well under moderate load. Other measures indicate that we have  opportunities for tuning OAE, but there are always opportunities for tuning an application.   Additional load tests with extremely heavy load (not included in this report) were executed in an  attempt to “break the app” and no  internal server errors  occurred. In other words, the application pools  may  have  been  saturated, but the application continued to  process  requests  successfully.
>
> This information is very encouraging and speaks to the OAE progressing on the right path.
>
> Thanks,
> Megan
>
> Megan May
> Interim Manager, Oncourse
> UITS Enterprise Academic Software Division
> Indiana University
> Office:  317-274-4528

Sean DeMonner Sean DeMonner

Re: OAE Load Testing Results from IU

Yea, verily.

SMD.

Sean DeMonner, Director, Teaching & Learning, ITS
3350 Duderstadt Center, University of Michigan, (734) 615-9765