Movement of Sakai lists to Apereo Google Groups infrastructure.
All opinions are welcome and encouraged. A material objection raised by a Sakai PMC member will block this proposal. Silence equals consent. Monday, February 9, 2015 is the cutoff date for any objections.
Communicate to lists to being merged or moved. Provide a date for when move is happening.
Create new Apereo Google groups and populate with members from Mailman (collab lists). When combining multiple lists, populate with members from all of the lists into the one list.
Start using new Google group, turn off corresponding mailman list(s).
* i18n (internationlization/localization) and a11y (accessibility) merging into sakai-dev. Convention for users to add [i18n] and [a11y] in subject line for filtering.
* evaluation and gradebook2-dev and samigo and sakai-mobile merging into sakai-dev
* infrastructure merging into sakai-core-team
* sakai-au - not being migrated.
* sakai-france - not being migrated
* builds - not being migrated
* ja-sakai - not being migrated
* eurosakai - not being migrated. Already have an Apereo Europe google group.
* source - not being migrated. Need to remove post commit hook from SVN.
Lists not being migrated
We will still move the old list archives to a static web presence, even for lists not being migrated.
Will be variable based on lists, and communication with those sub-communities. Intent is to get this done in the next couple of months, by April/May timeframe for completion. Will start migration of lists during February 2015.