[Portfolio] Portfolio stories

Sean Keesler-2 Sean Keesler-2

[Portfolio] Portfolio stories

For those that don't know it, I've been doing some Foundation work as of late on the web site....mostly answering first time questions that come through the contact form on the site, posting new content as it comes up and general dusting and cleaning that goes along with any web site.

It gave me a great opportunity to finally move over the OSP pages into the sakaiproject.org site.
You can see them here:

OSP is currently listed as a set of features of Sakai:
...which links to the page above.

One of the things that the foundation is doing is moving to a less technical discussion of Sakai and more into a storytelling mode about Sakai. As such, you see videos sprinkled around the site where users describe what Sakai schools are doing with Sakai. My understanding is that some filming may happen at the conference around more of these stories.

It would be great if we could develop some video stories around portfolios in Sakai with faculty or instructional designers talking about their specific implementation. Would anyone be willing to participate?

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830

Zaldivar, Marc Zaldivar, Marc

Re: [Portfolio] Portfolio stories

Absolutely!  We are working on something similar at VT, and it would be great to contribute.

Marc

Sent from my iPad

On May 20, 2010, at 7:15 AM, "Sean Keesler" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

For those that don't know it, I've been doing some Foundation work as of late on the web site....mostly answering first time questions that come through the contact form on the site, posting new content as it comes up and general dusting and cleaning that goes along with any web site.

It gave me a great opportunity to finally move over the OSP pages into the <http://sakaiproject.org> sakaiproject.org<http://sakaiproject.org> site.
You can see them here:
<http://sakaiproject.org/what-osp>http://sakaiproject.org/what-osp

OSP is currently listed as a set of features of Sakai:
<http://sakaiproject.org/features>http://sakaiproject.org/features
...which links to the page above.

One of the things that the foundation is doing is moving to a less technical discussion of Sakai and more into a storytelling mode about Sakai. As such, you see videos sprinkled around the site where users describe what Sakai schools are doing with Sakai. My understanding is that some filming may happen at the conference around more of these stories.

It would be great if we could develop some video stories around portfolios in Sakai with faculty or instructional designers talking about their specific implementation. Would anyone be willing to participate?

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830
<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Debbie Boisvert Debbie Boisvert

Re: [Portfolio] Portfolio stories

Hey Sean,

I will not be at the conference. We will still be in school. I would love to submit videos. We are attempting to implement portfolios K-8th grades this year. We are also piloting evaluation rubrics for NCLB ICT literacy standards for these portfolios. How would you like the videos submitted. Is there a place we should just upload them or do you want to review them first.

Deb

--
Debbie Boisvert
603-463-7422 ext 522,

The information transmitted is the property of SAU #53 and is intended only for the person, persons, or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

>>> Sean Keesler <[hidden email]> 5/20/2010 7:14 AM >>>
For those that don't know it, I've been doing some Foundation work as of late on the web site....mostly answering first time questions that come through the contact form on the site, posting new content as it comes up and general dusting and cleaning that goes along with any web site.

It gave me a great opportunity to finally move over the OSP pages into the sakaiproject.org site.
You can see them here:

OSP is currently listed as a set of features of Sakai:
...which links to the page above.

One of the things that the foundation is doing is moving to a less technical discussion of Sakai and more into a storytelling mode about Sakai. As such, you see videos sprinkled around the site where users describe what Sakai schools are doing with Sakai. My understanding is that some filming may happen at the conference around more of these stories.

It would be great if we could develop some video stories around portfolios in Sakai with faculty or instructional designers talking about their specific implementation. Would anyone be willing to participate?

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830

angell angell

Re: [Portfolio] Portfolio stories

Great Sean!

I notice the mailing list link at the bottom of this page is pointing
to the wrong server:
http://sakaiproject.org//osp-downloads

and the info on the page it points to needs to be updated to reflect
our new mailing lists:
http://sakaiproject.org/osp-community

- Nate