Public view of Sakai wiki - graphics not showing

Nik Dholakia-2 Nik Dholakia-2

Public view of Sakai wiki - graphics not showing

My university is a new Sakai user.

I am faculty, not IT person. The university is doing a lot to support Sakai, getting ready for 18000 students for Fall-09, so there is list of Sakai priorities.

Wiki is at the moment low on the priority list.

But wiki is critical for me as a user, so I am pushing ahead with building a wiki.

GENERAL: I welcome links to good Sakai wiki tips (I have the U of Delaware material, which is very good)

SPECIFIC: In this wiki (public view), the graphics do now show up. These jpeg files (photos) show in wiki when I am signed in. Solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Mathieu Plourde Mathieu Plourde

Re: Public view of Sakai wiki - graphics not showing

Hi Nik,

To let unregistered users see your pictures, you need to make them public in the Resources tool. For a specific image file, hover over Actions > Edit Details and change the permission setting to make the file Publicly viewable, then save the settings at the bottom of the page.

Best Regards,

=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA

Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer

IT-Client Support & Services

[hidden email]

=================================

TOP LINKS:

Technology Troubleshooting: http://www.udel.edu/help

Sakai@UD Support and Training: http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training

=================================

ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (ATS): http://www.ats.udel.edu/

ATS brings together outstanding IT resources and support for teaching, presentations, instructional technology development projects, and a faculty community of practice. ATS is located on the second floor of East Hall. Faculty members wishing to schedule a consultation should call 302-8310640 to make an appointment.

=================================

--
__________________________________
Nik Dholakia
Adam Marshall Adam Marshall

Re: End-User Support] Public view of Sakai wiki - graphics not showing

Try this for wiki help: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/content/group/info/step/wiki21.pdf - it’s the best on the planet!

Adam

Nik Dholakia-2 Nik Dholakia-2

Re: End-User Support] Public view of Sakai wiki - graphics not showing

Agreed... this is a great How-to note  for wiki on Sakai,,,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Adam Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try this for wiki help: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/content/group/info/step/wiki21.pdf - it’s the best on the planet!

Adam

Jonny Brown Jonny Brown

Re: End-User Support] Public view of Sakai wiki - graphics not showing

This is a terrific document! I see that it mentions the jsMath plugin. Does anyone know whether this plugin works with the Wiki in 2.5 and 2.6? I don't recall our clients asking about this option recently so I haven't looked into it since 2.4, but I'd think it would be a very important plugin for anyone who uses mathematical notation very extensively. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Best,
Jonny

Sr. Information Architect
rSmart