Re: Board Election Results

Chris Coppola Chris Coppola

Re: Board Election Results

Congratulations John and Stephen. John, I feel fortunate to have
served with you this past term and as a member of this community I'm
thankful for your continued leadership. Stephen you've been an active
leader in this community for a long time. I'm very glad to know that
you'll be using your insights and passion in this new capacity leading
the Foundation.

It really is a testament to the vibrancy of the Sakai community, as
Michael said, that we had such a strong slate this year. Thanks to
everyone who ran, everyone who voted, and to Carl, Mary, and Joseph
for running this year's election.

/chris
--
rSmart
Chris Coppola | 602.490.0472

On Dec 17, 2008, at 3:55 AM, Michael Korcuska wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that John Norman (Cambridge) will be
> continuing as a Sakai Foundation Board member and Stephen Marquard
> (Cape Town) will be joining the Sakai Foundation Board of Directors.
>
> This year's slate of candidates was impressively accomplished and
> diverse--a real testament to the vibrancy of the Sakai community. I
> want to thank all of those who were willing to serve the Sakai
> community and in congratulating John and Stephen. The transition
> officially occurs with the first board meeting in 2009, currently
> scheduled for January 15th.
>
> Thanks also to the election committee, Joseph Hardin, Mary Miles and
> especially Carl Jacobson, who again ran a smooth elections process.
>
> Finally, special recognition is due to outgoing board members Chris
> Coppola and Mara Hancock. They have been instrumental to Sakai as both
> board and community members. I've benefited personally from their
> insight and advice and have always appreciated the approach that each
> of them took. I'm certain the rest of the board members feel the same
> way and will miss their regular presence on our monthly calls. So,
> Chris and Mara, on behalf of the foundation and the community: "Thank
> you." We hope your community leadership will continue.
>
> Happy holidays everyone!
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Korcuska
> Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
> [hidden email]
> phone: +1 510-931-6559
> mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
> mobile (FR): +33 (0)6 31 11 58 97
> skype: mkorcuska
>

> This automatic notification message was sent by Sakai Collab (https://collab.sakaiproject.org//portal
> ) from the Announcements site.
> You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace >
> Preferences.

This automatic notification message was sent by Sakai Collab (https://collab.sakaiproject.org//portal) from the DG: Strategy & Advocacy site.
You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace > Preferences.