Re: [Building Sakai] modules are failing

bruceballou bruceballou

Re: [Building Sakai] modules are failing

Hello Mallika,

I followed your instructions, and the !site.template.course was not set for melete.author or melete.student. I added those, and I also put that information in the !site.helper to propagate to the existing sites.

It is still failing, I even created a new site and it also fails on the teacher and the student side.  When I look at the options in the modules of a site, the teacher still only has View and preferences showing, no Author or Manage.
I do not have a  !site.template.project.

I even restarted the site!!!

Any more hints?

Thanx,

Bruce Ballou

Re: [Building Sakai] modules are failing

Sorry about this...

Do I need to add the matain and access roles to the
!site.template.course relm?

Thanx,

Bruce Ballou

*

[hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
>

> user: ac6314a2-caad-4f11-90af-ce28eb41e165
>
> usage-session: 3e22fb0f-31ae-4faf-b9ab-24d8ac557d1d
>
> time: Jan 5, 2011 09:35:28
>
> Thank you for any direction you can provide.

bruceballou bruceballou

Re: [Building Sakai] modules are failing

Hello again Mallika,

I have rechecked, and everything seems to be selected as you stated. I
checked another working instance and they look the same....but....still
not working.

I do keep noticing that on the modules page the options at the top have
not changed. still on the teacher site the Author and Manage options are
not there. Do you know where that information get set? I thought that
giving the correct permissions would have made them show up.

Is there a file somewhere that may e incorrectly set (permissions) in
the file system not allowing it to read???  (just grasping at straws at
this point!)

Thank you for your help.

Bruce Ballou

Re: [Building Sakai] modules are failing

Hello again,

I just added a new Instructor....same issue.....

Any more thoughts......anyone else have this problem before?
Thank you again Mallika,

Bruce Ballou

I don't believe so. The only thing I can think of is that the current
user is a student, and not an instructor. How about creating a new user
and adding the user as an instructor to a new site?

Thanks,
Mallika

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello again Mallika,
>
> I have rechecked, and everything seems to be selected as you stated. I
> checked another working instance and they look the same....but....still
> not working.
>
> I do keep noticing that on the modules page the options at the top have
> not changed. still on the teacher site the Author and Manage options are
> not there. Do you know where that information get set? I thought that
> giving the correct permissions would have made them show up.
>
> Is there a file somewhere that may e incorrectly set (permissions) in
> the file system not allowing it to read??? (just grasping at straws at
> this point!)
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Bruce Ballou

>>> at

bruceballou bruceballou

Re: [Building Sakai] modules are failing

Hello again,

I just added a new Instructor....same issue.....

Any more thoughts......anyone else have this problem before?

Thank you again Mallika,

Bruce Ballou

PS..this is plain text so it hits the mail list!

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello again Mallika,
>
> I have rechecked, and everything seems to be selected as you stated. I
> checked another working instance and they look the same....but....still
> not working.
>
> I do keep noticing that on the modules page the options at the top have
> not changed. still on the teacher site the Author and Manage options are
> not there. Do you know where that information get set? I thought that
> giving the correct permissions would have made them show up.
>
> Is there a file somewhere that may e incorrectly set (permissions) in
> the file system not allowing it to read??? (just grasping at straws at
> this point!)
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Bruce Ballou

>>> at