Re: [DG: Strategy & Advocacy] Hosting the EuroSakai 2012?

Frank Benneker Frank Benneker

Re: [DG: Strategy & Advocacy] Hosting the EuroSakai 2012?

Hi Everybody,

It's great to read that DG eurosakai is back in business from a long sleep ;)

First of all I would love to go to Austria & Innsbruck in 2012.
This is a big YES to Wolfgang and his team.

On David's question. A month ago I had a nice diner-talk with Ian Dolphin (and AZ & AB) and Eurosakai 2011 was one of the conversation topics . Since next years global Sakai conference will be in Berlin it might be not wise to organise a second Sakai conference in spring in Europe.

My suggestion is to have a EuroSakai pre- (or post)conference day in Berlin next year.
And I suggest that we will use this list and the eurosakai pages on confluence to organise this day.

regards,
Frank

Frank Benneker
University of Amsterdam

Re: [DG: Strategy & Advocacy] Hosting the EuroSakai 2012?

 David ( & others),

The two last European Sakai conferences in Valencia and Stockholm showed us that there quite some nice stories to be told from an European perspective. I think that together with the European Sakai partners (educational & commercial) it isn't a problem to organize an interesting & worthwhile EuroSakai pre-conference.

Some rough ideas on rainy dutch afternoon
Session could be on user stories and the European perspective on educational & research best practices while using Sakai. We could also invite other major European projects that share a common interest like OLAT, e-framework projects (JISC ;), ten-competence, COIN etc, etc. Another idea might be an working session on possibilities for cooperation and European funding. And of course we should also address the different cultural and i18n issues in Sakai community in a European context.

Ian, what are you thoughts on an European day in Berlin next year ?
What issues should we address that are of (major) interest for the Sakai Foundation ?

Frank