Re: [Fwd: Planning for Sakai 2.6]

Noah Botimer Noah Botimer

Re: [Fwd: Planning for Sakai 2.6]

A bit more detail on this issue...

There is already one paste-from-Word enhancement integrated into what will become the 2.6.0 release. This was addressed in http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-13922.

We have also resolved the problem where empty editor contents yield <br /> tags as the input. This is resolved individually and could be merged independently to 2.6.x before the version upgrade, if desired. This is tracked in http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15993.

The upgrade to FCKeditor 2.6.4 is being tracked in http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15994. It resolves some additional issues and will require additional verification. The tentative plan is to include it in the trunk/nightly servers where others can try it out before pulling it into 2.6.x, whatever the eventual release may be.

As Peter notes, we are testing both of these changes together now. This is on a 2.6.x server and we are testing with real students as well as development/support/QA staff. All testing has passed so far without noted problems. We currently plan to launch the upgrade institution wide at the beginning of May, after our Winter finals.

Thanks,
-Noah

On Apr 6, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Knoop, Peter wrote:

The change needs to be tested relatively extensively first, and unfortunately there isn’t likely enough time left for 2.6.0.  Michigan will putting this change into production soon, which will help with that testing.   So I would look for it in a 2.6.1 shortly after the 2.6.0.

-peter