Re: followup UX coordination meeting Wed or Thurs

Nathan Pearson Nathan Pearson

Re: followup UX coordination meeting Wed or Thurs

UX Meeting Update:

Sorry many of you missed the meeting today, it was formed rather impromptu
and we had some trouble getting things started.  Once we did get going, it
was a fairly productive.  We spent most of the time talking about "groups"
and trying to understand them conceptually from a UX POV.

Moving forward we should try to push the focus onto content authoring as
quickly as possible.  But for now, I think the groups issue is germane
enough to merit some thoughtful analysis.

---

As for future plans, we have agreed to meet regularly (daily for now) at
8:00 am PST -- which should help the California folks.  As mentioned in a
previous email, our system is a bit quirky; we're using Adobe Connect to
screen share and show pictures, but we're using Skype to do VOIP.

I recommend you sign in to both for the best effect:

Adobe Connect URL:  http://rue.caret.cam.ac.uk/sakai3

Sign in as a guest.

Skype: Message me (or add me to your contacts) and I'll conference you into
the conference call: npearson99

Mic is required to comment.

If Skype starts acting funny, we can always switch to a Sakai bridge in the
future, but there were no issues today.

---

To set expectations again: this was a working session.  We dove in and
started brainstorming straight away, so if you feel a bit lost, I suggest
you just hang back and listen in -- you'll catch up to speed in no time.

Every effort will be made to update the community about our talks, but
frankly, I don't want it to become a mundane chore.  If there's something
worthwhile to broadcast, we'll no doubt do it.  Otherwise, if you're just
curious about the discussion of the day, join in at or after 8:00 am PST.
There is no set amount of time for these meetings.

---

One last thing to the UX practitioners who are prepared to contribute either
with design or with development; if you want to get together outside of
these working sessions to do a bit more planning, I'm available anytime this
week (day or night).  Just email me or call -- no need for ceremony.  I
think Keli posted her schedule on Confluence (I haven't looked yet), and
I'll do the same.  Also, it might make sense to all get on Google calendar.
I'm going to make sure my availability is up-to-date there -- and the link
to my Google calendar (along with my contact details) is in my sig.

Cheers,
Nathan

--
Nathan Pearson | UX Lead | Sakai Foundation

E. [hidden email]
M. 602.418.5092
Y. npearson99 (Yahoo)
S. npearson99 (Skype)

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=kfqdgv5itkg1kl08050cu45pb8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Phoenix

----------------------
This automatic notification message was sent by Sakai Collab (https://collab.sakaiproject.org//portal) from the WG: Authoring site.
You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace > Preferences.
Nathan Pearson Nathan Pearson

Re: followup UX coordination meeting Wed or Thurs

Thanks for the note Eli.  Next time we get together, I'll instigate a review
of our schedules so the working sessions can be more accommodating.  I'd
like to get as much of everyone's time as possible -- including Nico's.

Thank you also for the summary of Fluid's process.  Last week I sent out a
notice that there are two projects that need attention, one of which
includes organizing Confluence to work better for UX projects (I don't have
control over other spaces in Confluences).  It seems a good match to
extended the scope of this work to include methodology.  If you or any other
Fluid folks are willing, this is certainly something I would like to hash
out.

For those interested or at the least willing to take part in this work,
please send a note to the UX list and make yourself known.  We'll get a
meeting together from there.

Thanks,
Nathan