Re: [sakai-dev] Re: [sakai-user] Would you like to restore assignments?

Tiffany Stull Tiffany Stull

Re: [sakai-dev] Re: [sakai-user] Would you like to restore assignments?

Hi Miguel,

I like it too, and added a vote.  Maybe it could also be a model for the soft delete/restore I requested for Tests & Quizzes in SAM-3237?

Tiffany Stull

On 2/12/2018 1:49 PM, Dede Hourican wrote:
Miguel,

Like Jolie, I think this is a wonderful idea. My upvote is in the jira as well.

Dede Hourican
__________________________
Phone (860) 333-8799

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM, 'Matthew Jones' via Sakai Development <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think we should have some consistency in Sakai around soft delete. I kind of like how evaluation handles progression of state. There's 7 states defined in the constants file

     States: Partial -> InQueue -> Active -> GracePeriod -> Closed -> Viewable (-> Deleted)

When it gets to the deleted state, it's no longer accessible by the user but still exists in the system. I think tools like content, site (now assignment) should be similar, but may not have every state.

- I'm okay with anyone being able to temporarily remove (and restore) anything that they delete themselves. (In the Deleted state)
- I feel like the ability to permanently delete either only be available to admin users  or just to quartz (jobs) that periodically clean out deleted content like  the SoftSiteDeletionJob and the CleanupDeletedContent job. It would be nice if there was some indication to the instructor of when it would be automatically deleted, but I feel that this should really be locked by a permission.

In a perfect Sakai world, all of these individual cleanup jobs would be refactored into one single job so it's easier to maintain, possibly with quartz job parameters with different values for how long to retain the content.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:07 PM Miguel Pellicer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi subscribers, would you like to restore removed assignments?

Imágenes integradas 1

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-33603 contains all the required changes to make it possible, feel free to take a look and comment for this really useful feature, the feedback from the community is very important.

It also allows the possibility to permanently remove an assignment.

Regards, Miguel