Release of "Sakai: Building an Open Source Community" book

Dr. Chuck Dr. Chuck

Release of "Sakai: Building an Open Source Community" book

Hi all,

For those of you who have been around since the beginning, January 2014 is the 10th anniversary of the creation of Sakai (January 2004).  It is pretty cool to make it 10 years and our next release (Sakai-10) is looking really great.

To celebrate the occasion, I have re-released my book about the beginnings of Sakai with a new title and new cover.

The price of the printed book has been reduced to $9.99 and all electronic copies of the book (MOBI, EPUB, PDF and HTML) are now freely available, DRM free and downloadable from the above site.

Comments welcome.

/Chuck

Steven Githens Steven Githens

Dr. Chuck Dr. Chuck

Re: Release of "Sakai: Building an Open Source Community" book

Steve

Someone else can write the "happy" narrative and put a happy picture on the front.  My narrative (2003-2007) was about a struggle and the cover reflects my feelings at the end of the struggle.  :)

If I wrote a book about Sakai and IMS from 2008-present - it would be a much happier story and a happier cover - but I doubt I will every write that because happy thoughts are nice but boring :)  I will probably never end up writing that book.

I do want to write a "How to use Sakai-10 Book" tho.

/Chuck