On behalf of the Release Management Workgroup and the Sakai 2 Technical Coordination Committee I am writing you to let you know that the Sakai 2.8.0 release date has been pushed back. This can be traced back to a scarcity of
resources in the Sakai 2 ecosystem that resulted in slipped schedules (ie late beta and release candidate tagging), final hour testing and subsequently, outstanding blockers.
The anticipated release date is March 31st with the following milestones.
* March 8/9 Release Candidate 2
* March 22/23 Release Candidate 3 (as needed)
* March 24-30 Prep for release
* March 31 Release
To reach these milestones the following strategy is being employed:
1) Blocker handling: Continue to triage the blocker list. If a ticket is not truly a blocker, downgrade it. In addition there will be regular communication with blocker assignees regarding progress on tickets.
2) Tagging: Continue to cut QA tags every two weeks until blockers are eliminated. If an opportunity exists to cut a QA tag early, do it. When no blockers exist, cut an rc tag and prep for release.
3) Continued testing: Encourage testing but do not allow shortfalls or delays in testing to hold up the release