Sakai 2.9 Release Schedule Posted

Kirschner, Beth Kirschner, Beth

Sakai 2.9 Release Schedule Posted

Hi everyone,

   I'd like to announce the Sakai CLE 2.9 Release Schedule has been voted & approved by the TCC and is posted at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/VIiCB with the Code Freeze scheduled for September 20th. The Sakai CLE 2.9 release will contain many new enhancements, including:

        • MailSender tool was proposed for the 2.9 release as a drop in replacement for the deprecated Mailtool, as a core tool. The mailsender is currently a contrib tool and would need to be migrated to the Sakai repository in order to be included in the Sakai 2.9 release.
        • Lesson Builder will be included in the 2.9 release as a provisional (stealthed) tool (http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/LSNBLDR-11)
        • Enhancement for soft delete of sites & resources
        • The 2.9 "NewPortal" (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19813) will be the default portal for 2.9 (excluding the new chat, until/unless load tested)

   The Sakai CLE 2.9 release will also include several infrastructure changes:
        • Recommended version of MySQL is minimally 5.1
        • Recommended JDK is minimally 1.6
        • Required upgrade to Tomcat 7 (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18760) & JSF 1.2

   As the release ramps up, we will look forward to the community's continued support in making this a robust and feature-rich release.

Thanks,
- Beth

(sorry for the cross-postings)
Anthony Whyte Anthony Whyte

Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9 Release Schedule Posted

Newly minted tickets:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/INFRSTR-35

> • MailSender tool was proposed for the 2.9 release as a drop in replacement for the deprecated Mailtool, as a core tool. The mailsender is currently a contrib tool and would need to be migrated to the Sakai repository in order to be included in the Sakai 2.9 release.

> • Lesson Builder will be included in the 2.9 release as a provisional (stealthed) tool (http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/LSNBLDR-11)

However, I recommend NOT stealthing the tool until the final RC candidate is cut in order to simplify QA testing of LB and alleviate the need for QA server admins to adjust their local sakai.properties in order to unstealth the tool.

Cheers,

Anth

On Aug 25, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Beth Kirschner wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
>   I'd like to announce the Sakai CLE 2.9 Release Schedule has been voted & approved by the TCC and is posted at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/VIiCB with the Code Freeze scheduled for September 20th. The Sakai CLE 2.9 release will contain many new enhancements, including:
>
> • MailSender tool was proposed for the 2.9 release as a drop in replacement for the deprecated Mailtool, as a core tool. The mailsender is currently a contrib tool and would need to be migrated to the Sakai repository in order to be included in the Sakai 2.9 release.
> • Lesson Builder will be included in the 2.9 release as a provisional (stealthed) tool (http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/LSNBLDR-11)
> • Enhancement for soft delete of sites & resources
> • The 2.9 "NewPortal" (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19813) will be the default portal for 2.9 (excluding the new chat, until/unless load tested)
>
>   The Sakai CLE 2.9 release will also include several infrastructure changes:
> • Recommended version of MySQL is minimally 5.1
> • Recommended JDK is minimally 1.6
> • Required upgrade to Tomcat 7 (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18760) & JSF 1.2
>
>   As the release ramps up, we will look forward to the community's continued support in making this a robust and feature-rich release.
>
> Thanks,
> - Beth
>
> (sorry for the cross-postings)

xolotl xolotl

Re: Sakai 2.9 Release Schedule Posted

Given the change in Mailsender status, I'm wondering if community
members or central teams are thinking to address outstanding issues
related to the tool as a part of its "promotion"?
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+MSND+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

- Nate