Sakai Foundation governance links

Seth Theriault Seth Theriault

Sakai Foundation governance links

Hello,

As a non-profit organization, the Sakai Foundation is required
to make certain tax and regulatory filings. This a routine
requirement and the filed documents are open to "public
inspection." If anyone is interested in looking at these, here
are some links:

Corporate filings (Michigan, U.S.A): http://bit.ly/40NsEN

Internal Revenue Service (U.S. federal tax agency):
 2006 Form 990: http://bit.ly/r9lP8
 2007 Form 990: http://bit.ly/VefSc
 2008 Form 990-EZ: http://bit.ly/2LurID

The Foundation also makes minutes of its Board meetings and
other governance-related documents available on the Web:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/FADW
http://sakaiproject.org/foundation-bylaws

I am hopeful that the Foundation will soon follow the lead of
a number of other open-source organizations and make all of
this information (and perhaps more) available on a single,
easy-to-find page on its main Web site.

Seth

Michael Korcuska-2 Michael Korcuska-2

Re: Sakai Foundation governance links

Thanks Seth...

Mary, can you add the tax filings to the Board section of the website when you get a chance.

Michael

On Nov 24, 2009, at 04:05, Seth Theriault wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As a non-profit organization, the Sakai Foundation is required
> to make certain tax and regulatory filings. This a routine
> requirement and the filed documents are open to "public
> inspection." If anyone is interested in looking at these, here
> are some links:
>
> Corporate filings (Michigan, U.S.A): http://bit.ly/40NsEN
>
> Internal Revenue Service (U.S. federal tax agency):
> 2006 Form 990: http://bit.ly/r9lP8
> 2007 Form 990: http://bit.ly/VefSc
> 2008 Form 990-EZ: http://bit.ly/2LurID
>
> The Foundation also makes minutes of its Board meetings and
> other governance-related documents available on the Web:
>
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/FADW
> http://sakaiproject.org/foundation-bylaws
>
> I am hopeful that the Foundation will soon follow the lead of
> a number of other open-source organizations and make all of
> this information (and perhaps more) available on a single,
> easy-to-find page on its main Web site.
>
> Seth

Michael Korcuska
Executive Director, Sakai Foundation