[Using Sakai] Documentation for hierarchy config

Jim Mezzanotte Jim Mezzanotte

[Using Sakai] Documentation for hierarchy config

Hi all,

Apologies, I sent this last week as a reply to another post and
neglected to change the subject line...

Here is some documentation for site hierarchy configuration, which
hopefully we can add to the "Delegated Access tool" section of our
community admin Help:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbmUDr7ajUa_cdIOUC_wStvMe_crVbpc5rLrrLv8u44/edit?usp=sharing

It's viewable/editable by all--so thanks in advance to anyone who can
vet the doc for accuracy! Feel free to add/revise as necessary--I only
ask that you insert a comment if you make a change.

You'll see one query in the doc about automating the addition of
property settings in sites. The DA tool confluence page
(https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DAC/Delegated+Access+Tool)
says "This should be done during your site integration job or can be
done with a daily script." I'm assuming "site integration" means SIS?
Besides that approach, what other automation methods are possible,
especially for instutions not using SIS?

Best,
Jim Mezzanotte
Asahi Net International
Bryan Holladay Bryan Holladay

Jim Mezzanotte Jim Mezzanotte

Re: [Using Sakai] Documentation for hierarchy config

Awesome! Thanks Bryan.

Best,
Jim

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Bryan Holladay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This looks good, thanks! I added an example of a php script to populate the
> hierarchy as well. Once this doc is finalized, let me know and I will update
> the section for creating the hierarchy in
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DAC/Delegated+Access+Tool#DelegatedAccessTool-UsingtheTool
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan
>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Jim Mezzanotte <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Apologies, I sent this last week as a reply to another post and
>> neglected to change the subject line...
>>
>> Here is some documentation for site hierarchy configuration, which
>> hopefully we can add to the "Delegated Access tool" section of our
>> community admin Help:
>>

>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbmUDr7ajUa_cdIOUC_wStvMe_crVbpc5rLrrLv8u44/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>> It's viewable/editable by all--so thanks in advance to anyone who can
>> vet the doc for accuracy! Feel free to add/revise as necessary--I only
>> ask that you insert a comment if you make a change.
>>
>> You'll see one query in the doc about automating the addition of
>> property settings in sites. The DA tool confluence page
>> (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DAC/Delegated+Access+Tool)
>> says "This should be done during your site integration job or can be
>> done with a daily script." I'm assuming "site integration" means SIS?
>> Besides that approach, what other automation methods are possible,
>> especially for instutions not using SIS?
>>
>> Best,
>> Jim Mezzanotte
>> Asahi Net International

Jim Mezzanotte Jim Mezzanotte

Re: [Using Sakai] Documentation for hierarchy config

I also added a note for the php script example, explaining it's based
on the "school/department/subject" hierarchy example