[Using Sakai] Leadership for Morpheus Effort

Dr. Chuck Dr. Chuck

[Using Sakai] Leadership for Morpheus Effort

Hi all,

I want to give you a quick update on the Morpheus project.   As you all know, the iframe-free responsive Morpheus portal is the default and only portal in the current trunk of Sakai (i.e. Sakai-11).  This is a tremendous step forward and will give Sakai-11 the best LMS user experience in the industry.

We owe a great debt of gratitude to Mark Reilly and New York University for the leadership and significant resources that have been dedicated to this effort for well over a year.

But many of you might already know that Mark Reilly has left NYU and is no longer working in the edtech industry.  He remains on this list (Hi Mark!) but will not have time to be our leader to continue to improve and evolve Morpheus and the rest of the Sakai tools to become responsive across the board.

We are fortunate to already have new leadership that is ready to pick up where Mark left us and take us to the next level.   While we all are responsible for moving the Sakai user experience forward together it is especially important to have clear leadership in the areas of UI/UX that can listen to all the ideas in the community and find a "middle path" through all of those ideas and produce a consistent, beautiful, and functional user experience.

These are the folks who have volunteered to make a significant long term effort for Morpheus and the rest of the UI/UX of Sakai:

Eduardo Rey Jara (University of Murcia)
Juan Jose Merono Sanchez  (University of Murcia)

Udaya Ghattamaneni (Marist)
Antoni Sousa (Marist)

There are already plans for a webinar on Morpheus and work / ideas are already in process for evolving Morpheus over the next month or so.

So join me in welcoming our new UI/UX leadership.

Charles Severance
Sakai PMC Chair

Diego del Blanco (Unicon) Diego del Blanco (Unicon)

Re: [Using Sakai] [sakai-dev] Leadership for Morpheus Effort

Very happy about that because this question was critical.

We are in good hands now with Marist and Murcia people!!!!  As I told to Juanjo, I can help too testing and reviewing things if they need some more hands on it.

Thanks for the effort in advance (and for the past efforts to the ones that have been pushing this during the last year)

[...]

Diego del Blanco Orobitg
Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (ANI Sakai)
Apereo LATAM Representative (Apereo Foundation)

Ph: +1-480-521-8527
Sk: ddelblanco.ani

Jim Mezzanotte Jim Mezzanotte

Re: [Using Sakai] Leadership for Morpheus Effort

Thank you Murcia and Marist!

I would also be happy to volunteer (however I might be useful) for
UI/UX efforts.

Best,
Jim Mezzanotte
Asahi Net International

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Diego del Blanco Orobitg
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very happy about that because this question was critical.
>
> We are in good hands now with Marist and Murcia people!!!!  As I told to
> Juanjo, I can help too testing and reviewing things if they need some more
> hands on it.
>
> Thanks for the effort in advance (and for the past efforts to the ones that
> have been pushing this during the last year)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to give you a quick update on the Morpheus project.   As you all
>> know, the iframe-free responsive Morpheus portal is the default and only
>> portal in the current trunk of Sakai (i.e. Sakai-11).  This is a tremendous
>> step forward and will give Sakai-11 the best LMS user experience in the
>> industry.
>>
>> We owe a great debt of gratitude to Mark Reilly and New York University
>> for the leadership and significant resources that have been dedicated to
>> this effort for well over a year.
>>
>> But many of you might already know that Mark Reilly has left NYU and is no
>> longer working in the edtech industry.  He remains on this list (Hi Mark!)
>> but will not have time to be our leader to continue to improve and evolve
>> Morpheus and the rest of the Sakai tools to become responsive across the
>> board.
>>
>> We are fortunate to already have new leadership that is ready to pick up
>> where Mark left us and take us to the next level.   While we all are
>> responsible for moving the Sakai user experience forward together it is
>> especially important to have clear leadership in the areas of UI/UX that can
>> listen to all the ideas in the community and find a "middle path" through
>> all of those ideas and produce a consistent, beautiful, and functional user
>> experience.
>>
>> These are the folks who have volunteered to make a significant long term
>> effort for Morpheus and the rest of the UI/UX of Sakai:
>>
>> Eduardo Rey Jara (University of Murcia)
>> Juan Jose Merono Sanchez  (University of Murcia)
>>
>> Udaya Ghattamaneni (Marist)
>> Antoni Sousa (Marist)
>>
>> There are already plans for a webinar on Morpheus and work / ideas are
>> already in process for evolving Morpheus over the next month or so.
>>
>> So join me in welcoming our new UI/UX leadership.
>>
>> Charles Severance
>> Sakai PMC Chair
>>

>> --
>> Visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/sakai-dev/.
>

> --
> Diego del Blanco Orobitg
> Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (ANI Sakai)
> Apereo LATAM Representative (Apereo Foundation)
>
> Ph: +1-480-521-8527
> Em: [hidden email]
> Sk: ddelblanco.ani

Alex Balleste Alex Balleste

Re: [Using Sakai] Leadership for Morpheus Effort

Happy to see Murcia and Marist leading this process. I'll help you in whatever you need.

Alex.

El 06/04/15 a les 22:43, Jim Mezzanotte ha escrit:

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Universitat de Lleida

Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions

Analista/Programador

University of Lleida

Information and Communication Systems Service

Tlf: +34 973 702148

Fax: +34 973 702130