[WG: Accessibility] Accessibility Documentation Update

Richwine, Brian L Richwine, Brian L

[WG: Accessibility] Accessibility Documentation Update

Hello,

I saw the agenda item on updating the accessibility documentation. I wanted to share with you an example of another LMS’s accessibility documentation that I think is very well done:

The Desire2Learn LMS has task specific assistance for screen-reading software users that is not specific to any particular screen-reading software:

http://www.desire2learn.com/products/accessibility/resources/screen-reader/

They also cover keyboard-only users:

http://www.desire2learn.com/products/accessibility/resources/keyboard/

And have specific help info for users with low-vision and/or color-blindness:

http://www.desire2learn.com/products/accessibility/resources/screen-magnifier/

The overall accessibility page is here:

http://www.desire2learn.com/products/accessibility/resources/

-Brian

Brian Richwine

UITS Adaptive Technology and Accessibility Centers

Indiana University – Bloomington / Indianapolis

http://iuadapts.indiana.edu

(812) 856-2757 [Direct Line]

(812) 856-4112 [Office Number]

(812) 650-2897 [Cell]

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or disseminate this information. Please contact the sender by reply email immediately and destroy all copies of the original message including all attachments. Even if you are an intended recipient of this email, the author requests that you not forward it to any other person without prior consent.