[WG: Sakai QA] QA for trunk/Morpheus

[sakai-dev, sakai-qa, sakai-pmc]

Hi All,

Now that we have Morpheus (Responsive Design) turned on in trunk, perhaps the focus should be :

1) On fixing some of the bugs that will hold up (i.e. make more difficult and less complete) QA like:

(those two are apparently related)

2) coming up with at least a high level Test Plan.  I think I need some input or general direction from Developers on this.

3) Scheduling an intensive Test Fest for several days which involves developers and QA testers, and having some open communication channel between them (Big Blue Button? , some sort of internet chat tool? , Google hangouts?  ... etc).

I am off to a conference the week of March 16, so for me, the timing would seem to be to do this next week, the week of March 9.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator

Matthew Jones-2 Matthew Jones-2

Re: [WG: Sakai QA] [sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] QA for trunk/Morpheus

What additional properties do you want? We can turn them on the nightlies. I don't know what optional stuff is still currently off.  I think if there is some optional stuff off which should be considered on by default in 11 we should be looking to turn it on at this point like we did before 10.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Adrian Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would it be possible for someone to test a build with all the optional stuff on and just smoke test as many tools as possible for viability in the new skin? I'm just talking about a quick visual test to determine whether more investigation is necessary. A central Jira ticket with sub tasks resulting from such an assessment would be excellent. I know portal chat needs some TLC, for a start :)

Cheers,
Adrian.

On Monday, 2 March 2015, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alex Balleste Alex Balleste

Re: [WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] QA for trunk/Morpheus

Adrian, I started working on portal chat - video chat. I hope that in less than two weeks portal chat would fixed.

I agree with you. A set of subtasks in JIRA would be nice to be focused on wrong parts.

Regards,
Alex.

El 02/03/15 a les 23:52, Adrian Fish ha escrit:
[...]

+1

Sure, turning on the tools on is a good idea. We also need to document specifically what configurations are tested. We do not have regression tests that cover all the permutations.

-- Neal

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:25 AM, Adrian Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's less properties and more tools really. We should start to build a document of any problematic tools now, so work to get those tools shipshape can get delegated out and started asap. One of the Morpheus emails mentioned that some tools were problematic, but wasn't specific, that's all.

Adrian.

On Tuesday, 3 March 2015, Matthew Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] [sakai-pmc] QA for trunk/Morpheus

I'll create a ticket for 11 to track these and enable them on the next restart cycle.

I also plan to turn search on in trunk.

Thanks!

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Adam Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’d like the following to be enabled

1/ softly deleted sites : KNL-705 et al

2/ ability to make a calendar public (Export calendar) : SAK-191 (I think)

3/ calendar private URL : SAK-21479

Adam

--

** Note change of email address to [hidden email] **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.

IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.

Matthew Jones-2 Matthew Jones-2

Re: [WG: Sakai QA] [sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] QA for trunk/Morpheus

Same ticket if you are asking for properties to be turned on. That way they are all in the same place.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Adam Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:

What about a ticket to request discussion about making a certain property a default. For example, I’d like to see the 3 properties that I requested become defaults.

adam