Where to find contact information for Schools' Sakai Documentation/Support

Amber D. Evans Amber D. Evans

Where to find contact information for Schools' Sakai Documentation/Support

Hello,

To cover my bases, I've cross-posted to both sakai-user and end-user-support.  I apologize for duplicates you may receive.  Although I've been "lurking" on and reading the listservs for awhile, I'm still not sure if I sent this request to the right place, so please let me know who/where else I should send this email if necessary.

I am the current Training and Documentation Coordinator at Virginia Tech.  We currently use Sakai (we call it Scholar) and are in the middle of making a transition from Blackboard to Sakai.  In order to meet the high demand for training and support services, I have been researching the Sakai Project documentation page (at http://www.sakaiproject.org/portal/site/sakai-documentation) for some time now.  Again, I came across the many online video tutorials.

I was wondering if any of the schools listed would be willing to: (1) share the original Adobe Captivate or Camtasia raw files with me and my team, (2) allow us to reuse/repurpose the videos prefaced with our own splash screen, and/or (3) what kind of acknowledgment (if any) would be required in or as part of the videos if we were able to reuse video materials.  Any response (yay, nay, or negotiable) regarding this matter directly to me (at [hidden email]) would be greatly appreciated.  (Perhaps we have something in return we can exchange with you?)

Also, I'm wondering if someone (or somewhere on the SakaiProject.org Documentation page) is there be a list of emails or contact pages for the various Sakai support teams at each of the schools providing documentation/training/support?  If there is a better way to get in touch with other instructional designers, tech writers, or trainers, (other than the list-servs) I'd like to know that as well, too.

Thanks in advance to any replies that come my way.

Sincerely,
Amber D. Evans

Training and Documentation Coordinator, Online Course Systems (OCS)
= = =
Learning Technologies, Virginia Tech, 1220B Torgersen Hall (0292), Blacksburg, VA 24061
540.231.8053  |  [hidden email]  |  http://amsdiane.blogspot.com/
= = =
"Non scholae sed vitae discimus"  ("We learn not for school but for life")  -Seneca
Mathieu Plourde Mathieu Plourde

Re: Where to find contact information for Schools' Sakai Documentation/Support

Hi Amber,

You are welcome to use whatever you want from our sites:

http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training/gettingstarted/index.html

https://sakai.udel.edu/portal/help/main

http://www.udel.edu/udlms/

You might be particularly interested in our Basics of Sakai documentation and Tasks list.

http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training/faculty/basics_faculty.html

http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training/faculty/tasks.html

Identify the resources you’re interested in and I’ll bundle the source files together for you.

I’m about to change the © to a “Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike” license for all our stuff, so as long as we get some sort of attribution or link back, it’s all good.

Best Regards,

=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA

Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer

IT-User Services

[hidden email]

=================================

TOP LINKS:

Technology Troubleshooting: http://www.udel.edu/help

Sakai@UD Support and Training: http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training

=================================

ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (ATS): http://www.ats.udel.edu/

ATS brings together outstanding IT resources and support for teaching, presentations, instructional technology development projects, and a faculty community of practice. ATS is located on the second floor of East Hall. Faculty members wishing to schedule a consultation should call 302-8310640 to make an appointment.

=================================

Steve Lonn Steve Lonn

Re: Where to find contact information for Schools' Sakai Documentation/Support

Those are great Mathieu!

Amber, you can also find a whole host of resources and URLs to custom help docs among other shared resources at the home page for the End User Support Working Group:

There was a discussion within the End User Support group some time ago about sharing video tutorial materials. Information on that group can be found here:

(note the above URL is only while Confluence is being upgraded. After the upgrade, replace sakai.berkeley.edu with confluence.sakaiproject.org)

Hope that helps!
--Steve
Steve Lonn - CTools / Sakai Staff
Graduate Student Research Assistant
Usability, Support, and Evaluation (USE) Lab
Digital Media Commons, Duderstadt Center
University of Michigan

Phone:  (734) 615-4333
AIM: simchasl  /  MSN: [hidden email]

On Jun 29, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Plourde, Mathieu wrote:

[...]

Pavolka, Rita Kay Pavolka, Rita Kay

Re: Where to find contact information for Schools' Sakai Documentation/Support

Amber,

You are also welcome to work with all of our IU video and text resources, listed on the End User Support workgroup web page as indicated in Steve’s message below, or reached directly at http://oncourse.iu.edu/info .

We share our files using “Creative Commons, Share Alike, Attribution” license. IU’s version of Sakai is Oncourse and you are welcome to edit the files for your group’s purpose.

I’ll be happy to share IU’s  source files as well. Just let me know what you need.

In addition this might be a good time to mention both a session and a BOF that are scheduled at the Boston Sakai conference for those who are interested in being part of the discussion about making help, training and support resources more easily sharable and accessible within the Sakai community for our End User clients. Mathieu Plourde from U of Delaware, Karen Campbell from Rutgers and I are leading the session.

Session – Strategies to Support Your Users: Custom Documentation and Help Files from 3:15-4:00 pm

BOF - Sakai Documentation: Discussing a Better Sharing Strategy from 4:05-4:55 pm

Rita Pavolka

Associate Manager,

Community Source Training

Learning Technologies

Indiana University

[hidden email]

http://oncourse.iu.edu/info

812-322-0477

Amber, you can also find a whole host of resources and URLs to custom help docs among other shared resources at the home page for the End User Support Working Group:

There was a discussion within the End User Support group some time ago about sharing video tutorial materials. Information on that group can be found here:

(note the above URL is only while Confluence is being upgraded. After the upgrade, replace sakai.berkeley.edu with confluence.sakaiproject.org)

Hope that helps!

--Steve

Steve Lonn - CTools / Sakai Staff

Graduate Student Research Assistant

Usability, Support, and Evaluation (USE) Lab

Digital Media Commons, Duderstadt Center

University of Michigan

Email:  [hidden email]