[sakai-dev] Re: Request for Comment: SakaiCamp draft Manifesto

Laura Gekeler Laura Gekeler

[sakai-dev] Re: Request for Comment: SakaiCamp draft Manifesto

This RFC has been available to the Core and DEV list for the last 7 days.
Only a couple of comments have been received. For revision history, and for posterity, I request that comments be made directly on the Apereo Google document here: https://goo.gl/gPMpdU

I would specifically request from the Core team:

1) A vote on adoption of the Sakai Manifesto
2) To set the annual timeframe for which the Manifesto will be open for comment (2 weeks each year...around SakaiCamp?)
3) An annual vote on adoption of that year's revision

As a stakeholder and user of Sakai, as a representative of an institution very interested in the conversation around an NGDLE, and as a pragmatic individual who seeks to foster a mindset of NGDLE at my institution, I would also have to say, the 4th bullet point is where I'd like to see a change from:

more faculty choices: in templates, layouts, and tool selection (internal or external)

to:

more faculty choices: in templates, layouts, and tool selection (favoring LTI integrations)

I would also like to include the Sakai user list in commenting if there are no objections. Of course, I'm volunteering to put the tickler on my calendar and make this happen.

Thank you for your consideration,

Laura

Laura Gekeler
LMS Administrator
Learning Platforms
Apereo Foundation Board '14-2020
University of Notre Dame

Adam Marshall-2 Adam Marshall-2

[sakai-dev] Re: [sakai-core] Re: Request for Comment: SakaiCamp draft Manifesto

I think it's a different list, sakai-pmc

Sent from my rather wonderful OnePlus phone

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 3:28 AM +0000, "Laura Gekeler" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Neal,

Thank you for the advice. Can I assume PMC members areon this core team list or should I address them specifically?
Laura

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 2:26 PM Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Laura,

Once you bring up the question about "voting", makes me think of the PMC. In the governance rules, it is usually (always?) the PMC which has final say, though they often let the "doocracy" prevail.  That is, the PMC tends to follow the will of the people actually doing the work.

Soo, while Core team input is vital, the PMC should be looped in, imho.

P.S. I'm not a member of the Sakai PMC.