[sakai-dev] Re: [sakai-user] Create a public Site or Course in Sakai

Sanghyun Jeon Sanghyun Jeon

[sakai-dev] Re: [sakai-user] Create a public Site or Course in Sakai

Hi,

Joining the site procedure will do it and try the below procedure:

Go to “Site Info”

Select “Manage Access”

Select “Publish site”,

And then if you want to make your site as public , select “ Allow any Sakai user to join the site”

Please note that unless users go to the membership and join the site, the users can still access the sites, but not join the site.

Best,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 7:09 AM, Thach Le <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Community,

Can I create a public site such as site "Home" for everyone in Sakai?
For example, I want to create a public site "Sakai programming" to guide everyone to develop application in Sakai. This site includes Videos, Quizzes, Assignment. After login the Sakai, the site "Sakai programming" is ready for logon user, which it is not necessary to join.

If there is no solution for above need, I'm going to create a website to introduce courses in Sakai. There is a button "Go to course" in the Website, which forwards to the site in Sakai. Before going to course, I will invoke an API to join automatically the logon user into the Site (I'm studying code of feature Membership to make this API).

Please give me an advice!

Thanks,

Thach N. Le