[sakai-dev] Section info tools - No categories are populated under the dropdown list

Utsav Pokhrel Utsav Pokhrel

[sakai-dev] Section info tools - No categories are populated under the dropdown list

Dear Sakai Dev Groups,

I have posted this on the Sakai-User group and now on Sakai-Dev group.

I am trying to implement section info tools in one of course. According to the Sakai 11 document, I can add categories under the Add Sections of Section Info tools as mentioned here:

https://sakai.screenstepslive.com/s/sakai_help/m/50750/l/464200-how-do-i-create-a-section

But Drop-down list does not populate any categories and could not find how to add categories on the Sakai 11 Documentation.

Sakai Version: 11.3

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Attachments:

Utsav Pokhrel Utsav Pokhrel

Austin Nakasone Austin Nakasone

Re: [sakai-dev] Section info tools - No categories are populated under the dropdown list

Hi,

I just checked my local install and it has the same problem.  Luckily our production server must have had that data loaded when it was originally set up.

Do the nightly servers run some command to get that data loaded in?  Or has that data just always been there?

Also, I took a look at:

/sections/xdocs/README.txt

and it mentions "Data loading" for "stand alone" apps, using a maven command, but it does not show instructions when the tool is embedded in sakai.  There's some stuff in SampleDataLoader.java and CourseManagementAdministratorDataLoader.java but it's not clear if that's where it comes from or how it should be run.  I also noticed there's some stuff that looks similar in edu-services -> CourseSectionCagegories.properties
but again, sorry, I don't know if it's related to the section info tool.

- Austin

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Utsav Pokhrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hendrik Steller Hendrik Steller

Re: [sakai-dev] Section info tools - No categories are populated under the dropdown list

For what it's worth,  I think the categories are being loaded from the table
cm_sec_category_t;; chances are, you simply SQL-insert whatever categories you
want there.

Hendrik

On Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2018 22:39:23 CET Austin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just checked my local install and it has the same problem.  Luckily our
> production server must have had that data loaded when it was originally set
> up.
>
> Do the nightly servers run some command to get that data loaded in?  Or has
> that data just always been there?
>
> Also, I took a look at:
>
> /sections/xdocs/README.txt
>
> and it mentions "Data loading" for "stand alone" apps, using a maven
> command, but it does not show instructions when the tool is embedded in
> sakai.  There's some stuff in SampleDataLoader.java and
> CourseManagementAdministratorDataLoader.java but it's not clear if that's
> where it comes from or how it should be run.  I also noticed there's some
> stuff that looks similar in edu-services ->
> CourseSectionCagegories.properties
> but again, sorry, I don't know if it's related to the section info tool.
>
> - Austin
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Utsav Pokhrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > This helped.
> >
> > Thank you so much.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 1:56 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> By the way everyone, it does work on the Sakai 11 branch nightly, but
> >> maybe that is because it is populated with demo data?
> >>
> >> -- Neal

> > --
> > apereo.org/group/sakai-dev/.

Re: [sakai-dev] Section info tools - No categories are populated under the dropdown list

The sakai.demo=true java opt tells the startup to import some demo data. But just adding it to the CM tables will achieve the same thing.