[sakai-dev] Tool icon class has changed between 11 and 12

Adam Marshall-2 Adam Marshall-2

[sakai-dev] Tool icon class has changed between 11 and 12

In 11 is used to be icon-sakai-polls, in 12 it's icon-sakai--sakai-polls.

Is this intentional?

It would be good to fix this before 12 gets released and people start using the wrong classes.

Adam

Sent from my iPad

Maximilian Stendler Maximilian Stendler

Re: [sakai-dev] Tool icon class has changed between 11 and 12

This SAK-31697 Jira its PR #3234 and the specific commit may offer some
insight.
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/pull/3234
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/commit/1993df5a414f87e7b8c9ace9f528ad866f91237e

If I remember correctly I encountered some problems when I added custom
icons for our own tools. I think this solution resolved it.

Personally I also like the structure icon-sakai--<vendor>-<tool> making
it harder to trip over collisions. My 2cents.

Maximilian

Am 13.02.2018 um 11:27 schrieb Adam Marshall:

> In 11 is used to be icon-sakai-polls, in 12 it's icon-sakai--sakai-polls.
>
> Is this intentional?
>
> It would be good to fix this before 12 gets released and people start using the wrong classes.
>
> Adam
>
> Sent from my iPad

Matthew Jones-2 Matthew Jones-2

Re: [sakai-dev] Tool icon class has changed between 11 and 12

Ya the comments there reflected this. This was a 12 change but it was backported to 11.3.

"OK this PR has been completely revamped. The idea is to stick with the selector we had previously and create a namespace for icons in sakai:

icon-sakai--

Icons for tools use the prefix plus the tool id with any "." converted to "-" in the tool id for example:
tool id -> css icon
sakai.samigo => icon-sakai--sakai-samigo
kaltura.media => icon-sakai--kaltura-media

This solves the original problem that not all tool id's start with sakai and gives a namespace that won't interfere with other libs."

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 6:53 AM Maximilian Stendler <[hidden email]> wrote:
This SAK-31697 Jira its PR #3234 and the specific commit may offer some
insight.
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/pull/3234
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/commit/1993df5a414f87e7b8c9ace9f528ad866f91237e

If I remember correctly I encountered some problems when I added custom
icons for our own tools. I think this solution resolved it.

Personally I also like the structure icon-sakai--<vendor>-<tool> making
it harder to trip over collisions. My 2cents.

Maximilian

Am 13.02.2018 um 11:27 schrieb Adam Marshall:
> In 11 is used to be icon-sakai-polls, in 12 it's icon-sakai--sakai-polls.
>
> Is this intentional?
>
> It would be good to fix this before 12 gets released and people start using the wrong classes.
>
> Adam
>
> Sent from my iPad

Adam Marshall-2 Adam Marshall-2

Re: [sakai-dev] Tool icon class has changed between 11 and 12

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense to me.

Adam

Sent from my rather wonderful OnePlus phone