[sakai-production] What user identifiers do you use in your instance?

Michael Greene Michael Greene

[sakai-production] What user identifiers do you use in your instance?

We're a shibboleth school and use EPPN ([hidden email]) for sakai_user.eid inside of Sakai. We've got a couple use cases where it would be nice if Sakai also knew our user's 7 digit ID number. We don't currently store/link that in Sakai and were wondering if others track multiple user identifiers and how that works for you. Thanks,
MG

Matthew Buckett-2 Matthew Buckett-2

Re: [sakai-production] What user identifiers do you use in your instance?

For our deployment we have 2 IDs for all our insitutional users.:

EID: 1234567 - A number that identifies users in our person directory,
however this isn't used for authentication and people don't know about
for the most part, we use this as the Sakai EID as we use it to lookup
site participants memberships.
AID: ouit1234 - Authentication ID, this is used for login and all
users know this ID.

We then use Sakai's display ID support to always display the AID as
people get confused by the seven digit number.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-298 - Issue that introduced AIDs.
org.sakaiproject.user.api.DisplayAdvisorUDP - Interface that allows
custom ID to be displayed in Sakai.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer

  WebLearn, Academic IT
  IT Services, University of Oxford
  13 Banbury Road, OX2 6NN
  Tel: 01865 283349

Michael Greene Michael Greene

[sakai-production] Re: What user identifiers do you use in your instance?

I was reading another thread and thought I should add that we're also using LDAP to manage these users and the LDAP database does have both identifiers in it.
MG

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:48:14 AM UTC-5, Michael Greene wrote:
We're a shibboleth school and use EPPN ([hidden email]) for sakai_user.eid inside of Sakai. We've got a couple use cases where it would be nice if Sakai also knew our user's 7 digit ID number. We don't currently store/link that in Sakai and were wondering if others track multiple user identifiers and how that works for you. Thanks,
MG

Michael Greene Michael Greene

Re: [sakai-production] What user identifiers do you use in your instance?

Thanks Matthew, I'll explore the AID potential.
MG

On 3 February 2017 at 16:48, Michael Greene <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ztBnYDvnBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">michael...@...> wrote: