[sakai-production] [sakai-all] Feedback on date change for Sakai 11.2 release

[sakai-production] [sakai-all] Feedback on date change for Sakai 11.2 release

[sakai-all]

Dear Community,

Summary
At today's meeting, the Sakai core team discussed extending the date for the Sakai 11.2 release by 2 or 3 weeks. A number of blocker bugs are being discovered, and while they are being addressed rapidly, the consensus is that taking a couple of weeks more to get the release out will increase the quality significantly and still be in time for most institutions to adopt for Winter (Northern Hemisphere) term.

At this point, since we have not gotten RC02 out, probably the earliest we could get out the release is next week.

We are still only focusing on blocker priority fixes.

Feedback
Which of these dates work for your institution for a Sakai 11.2 release? Core team preference being the later, the better, with more time to fix any additional blockers which emerge.

November 18
November 11
November 4

Completed issues for 11.2

203 fixes in Sakai 11.2 already!

162 in Jira (everything except GradebookNG) - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=15871

Blocker and potential blockers for 11.2

(please note that these are dynamic lists that will change as progress is made on these issues and if new issues are discovered or reported)

4 blockers in the Testing Queue [1] (2 are already in a Sakai school's production instance, so we will be setting these to verified soon.)

4 blockers ready for merging [2]  for RC02 .

Two additional potential unresolved  blocker priority issues:
2) unreported, being investigated an intermittent Assignment submission potential blocker. Jira tbd.

[2] Verified and will be merged into 11.2 - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=15796

Thanks

--
You will automatically receive messages sent to Sakai-all if you are subscribed to any one of sakai-security, sakai-core, sakai-pmc, sakai-production, sakai-dev, sakai-docs, sakai-qa, sakai-user.
---