[sakai-production] [sakai-all] Sakai 11.2 status

[sakai-production] [sakai-all] Sakai 11.2 status

[sakai-all]

Dear Community,

Summary
We are on track to release this Thursday, November 10 / Friday, November 11. There is a slight risk we might get delayed till next week, but at the moment we are on target.

Details
Sakai 11.2-RC02 (second release candidate) has been getting good QA testing from the Marist team, Molly from Notre Dame, myself, and others jumping in here and there.

The Core team has three new issues which it believes merit getting into the 11.2 release. For these three issues we are planning to update the 11.x branch, QA test the fixes on the 11.x branch and use that as our "RC03".  With only 3 issue changes we believe the community can turn around on these issues within a day or two.

Issues

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-31773 - PA announcements don't render correctly on mobile. We had intended this one for RC02, it was just an oversight. It is fixed and has been QA tested on both master and on the 11 branch. Complete.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-31922 - /direct/login no longer works. This seems like a genuine blocker priority issue. It has been fixed and tested on master. It's been backported to the 11 branch and the 10 branch. At the next restart of the nightly qa servers , we need to QA test this fix on the 11.x branch and it will be completed.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-31731 - Favorite sites are all displayed on a single row in Internet Explorer.  This has been fixed and verified in master, but is undergoing code review before merging into the 11 branch. We won't hold up the release for this issue, though we want to get it in 11.2.

Cheers

--
You will automatically receive messages sent to Sakai-all if you are subscribed to any one of sakai-security, sakai-core, sakai-pmc, sakai-production, sakai-dev, sakai-docs, sakai-qa, sakai-user.
---