[sakai-production] [sakai-all] SakaiCamp "Lite" 2017 - Raleigh, NC

[sakai-production] [sakai-all] SakaiCamp "Lite" 2017 - Raleigh, NC

[sakai-all]

Summary

Hold the Date: Wednesday, October 25

For a community meeting called : SakaiCamp lite - a one day, informal community get-together for planning and discussion, immediately following All Things Open (see below).

At location: Raleigh or Durham, North Carolina

You may want to consider: All Things Open conference [1]. ATO is an open source conference. Not just for coders. Faculty and other roles are also part of the scene. The ATO conference has a refundable registration through September 19 and the cost is increasing on August 17, so you might want to register now to hold a spot.

You may also consider: Joining us for dinner on Sunday, October 22, for those coming for both ATO and SakaiCamp lite.

FAQ:  Does this replace SakaiCamp in Orlando? NO!!! We plan to have SakaiCamp, January 21 - 24, 2018 in Orlando. More details coming soon.

The Story

As it turns out, several community members, like Matt Jones, Longsight, Dr. Chuck and myself, are going to an Open Source conference in Raleigh, North Carolina, called "All Things Open" [1], which is Monday, October 23 and Tuesday, October 24.  We thought it would be fun to have a one day get together while we have a Sakai crowd in the area, even if the crowd is just 4 or 5 of us (though it easily could be more, and I anticipate it will be!).

We are exploring whether to try and get a hotel venue in Raleigh, or meet at a local Sakai institution. Duke University has offered to host if it is decided that is the best option.  Duke U. is in Durham, just down the road (about a 35 minute drive from the Conference center in Raleigh).

The one day will be "unconference style". No preconceived agenda at the moment, though ideas are welcome.

Please feel free to send questions, or RSVP, to your Sakai Community Coordinator - [hidden email]

Sakai Community Coordinator

Apereo Foundation

[1] All Things Open - https://allthingsopen.org/

   Some Info on ATO (from https://allthingsopen.org/app/uploads/2017/07/ATO-2017_Prospectus.pdf )

  • 3,000+ attendees

  • Tracks for Education, Developers, DevOps, Cloud, Big Data, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Open Data/Open Government, Community, Business

  • Attendee breakdown from 2016: 45% Developers and UX designers, 21% Architects, engineers, scientists, data and sys admis, 16% CEO, CTO, CIO and IT Managers, 10% other (analysts, community managers, marketing, etc), 8% Education (university professors, staff, students).

--
You will automatically receive messages sent to Sakai-all if you are subscribed to any one of sakai-core, sakai-pmc, sakai-production, sakai-dev, sakai-docs, sakai-qa, sakai-user.
---