[sakai2-tcc] 2.10/Trunk - Spring annotations

[sakai2-tcc] 2.10/Trunk - Spring annotations

Out of https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+Action+Items  discussion.

Spring annotations could possibly make it into 2.10/trunk. But it was suggested this is something everyone would have to agree to.

Does everyone agree to it ?

[FWIW, I have no idea what the pros and cons are. ]

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin

John Bush-4 John Bush-4

Re: [sakai2-tcc] 2.10/Trunk - Spring annotations

Is there some assessment on what has to be done to support this ?
Some idea of the impact would be helpful in making a decision.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Double checking on this one. I don't think I've seen any discussion so far.
> My perception of this one is that there would be someone to do the work (?)
> , but wanted TCC blessing or "buy-in" before putting in the effort.
>
> -- Neal
>

> Neal Caidin
> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
> [hidden email]
> Skype: nealkdin
> Twitter: ncaidin
>

> On Sep 12, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Out of https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+Action+Items
> discussion.
>
> Spring annotations could possibly make it into 2.10/trunk. But it was
> suggested this is something everyone would have to agree to.
>
> Does everyone agree to it ?
>
> [FWIW, I have no idea what the pros and cons are. ]
>
> Cheers,
> Neal
>

> Neal Caidin
> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
> [hidden email]
> Skype: nealkdin
> Twitter: ncaidin

John Bush
602-490-0470

** This message is neither private nor confidential in fact the US
government is storing it in a warehouse located in Utah for future
data mining use cases should they arise. **
Aaron Zeckoski-3 Aaron Zeckoski-3

Re: [sakai2-tcc] 2.10/Trunk - Spring annotations

Yeah, I described it in detail at the conference. The short version is
that I would need to add in some config options to the core spring
config which cause it to scan the classpath for classes with
annotations and then process them based on those annotations. It would
basically slowdown the startup by 1-2 seconds in my testing but there
is no other impact.

-AZ

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM, John Bush <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there some assessment on what has to be done to support this ?
> Some idea of the impact would be helpful in making a decision.
>
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Double checking on this one. I don't think I've seen any discussion so far.
>> My perception of this one is that there would be someone to do the work (?)
>> , but wanted TCC blessing or "buy-in" before putting in the effort.
>>
>> -- Neal
>>

>> Neal Caidin
>> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
>> [hidden email]
>> Skype: nealkdin
>> Twitter: ncaidin
>>

>> On Sep 12, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Out of https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+Action+Items
>> discussion.
>>
>> Spring annotations could possibly make it into 2.10/trunk. But it was
>> suggested this is something everyone would have to agree to.
>>
>> Does everyone agree to it ?
>>
>> [FWIW, I have no idea what the pros and cons are. ]
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Neal
>>

>> Neal Caidin
>> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
>> [hidden email]
>> Skype: nealkdin
>> Twitter: ncaidin

> John Bush
> 602-490-0470
>
> ** This message is neither private nor confidential in fact the US
> government is storing it in a warehouse located in Utah for future
> data mining use cases should they arise. **

John Bush-4 John Bush-4

Re: [sakai2-tcc] 2.10/Trunk - Spring annotations

right that rings a bell.  I'd support such a thing.  I find spring
annotations much easier to work with and understand, and far less time
wasted realizing you forgot to update an xml file.  That is worth a
few seconds startup impact I'd say.