[sakai2-tcc] Sakai support for better OOTB integration with uPortal

[sakai2-tcc] Sakai support for better OOTB integration with uPortal

Hello

The Sakai Connector Portlet has passed the Jasig/Apereo incubation process and is in the midst of being incorporated into the next uPortal release.

This portlet uses the trusted mode of the Basic LTI support in Sakai to allow a user with the same username in both systems to embed tools from their Sakai sites inside uPortal.

Sakai currently has LTI configuration in the experimental sakai props to support this, ie the demo of uPortal hooks up to the Sakai experimental server.

It so happens that uPortal ships with an admin user so for that user the OOTB experience works fine. However uPortal also ships with two other demo users called student and faculty. These have no equivalent in Sakai so the demo does not work for those users. These users are important in demonstrating the various layouts and portlet that uPortal offers.

What I propose is that these two users are added to Sakai by default. The student would be an access user in mercury, the faculty would be a maintain user.

This also ties in with my earlier emails of providing a better OOTB experience for Sakai.

Please reply with any comments or concerns. I would like to get this in as soon as I can if there are no objections.

Regards
Steve

Ps. I sent this to the [hidden email] list but it bounced because I wasn't subscribed. I presume others aren't yet either so am sending to the tcc list.

sent from mobile device

Matthew Jones-2 Matthew Jones-2