[sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin










_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin











_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

YAAI (yet another agenda item)
-------------------------------------------

How to keep track of which institutions are in the community and what level of Sakai they are on. We have the Jira Prod list, which is great, but not sure it is capturing everything. Sometimes we get list announcements (when we are lucky). Sometimes I see someone new posting to the list and I Google and check the Prod list. Would be nice to know if/when folks leave Sakai as well, just to keep our records straight if nothing else. 

That is one wordy agenda item.

Feel free to suggest items yourself.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin












_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

Ideas keep popping in my head. 

It might be worthwhile to review the results of the Tools Survey again, now that the summaries are finalized (almost). 

Oh yeah, don't forget to look in Dropbox -> "Final for Publishing" folder for a set of seven PDFs which I'll be publishing to a Confluence page soon (probably after the upgrade so I don't have to re-do).

-- Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

YAAI (yet another agenda item)
-------------------------------------------

How to keep track of which institutions are in the community and what level of Sakai they are on. We have the Jira Prod list, which is great, but not sure it is capturing everything. Sometimes we get list announcements (when we are lucky). Sometimes I see someone new posting to the list and I Google and check the Prod list. Would be nice to know if/when folks leave Sakai as well, just to keep our records straight if nothing else. 

That is one wordy agenda item.

Feel free to suggest items yourself.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin













_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Matthew Jones-2 Matthew Jones-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

In reply to this post by Neal Caidin-3
I'd consider it to be a blocker for 2.10. I'm pretty sure everyone is agreed on it and discussing it probably wouldn't have too much usefulness. 

Hopefully by the end of September it should at least get started though, too busy right now to consider. I think there are still a few things worth discussing but possibly not with the entire group.

- I think kernel should still exist off on it's own, not sure though.
- I think we should still release (or at least deploy) the api's to a repository, and identify what all of the artifact dependencies for each tool and just deploy those.

- Some tools may still be able to remain indies if we are able to release just the artifacts they depend on, and they might be better off remaining indie, BasicLTI, Lessons are the 2 that had a lot more changes in 2.9 than other tools. There's also all of the contrib tools that will stay indie just because of how they are, so we have to keep it easy to build them. 

So improving the process and eliminating all but a few indies could work out better than eliminating all (since we'll never technically eliminate all), but would still be some work to get there.
 


On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin











_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc



_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

Cool. 

Let's think about getting that conversation going soon. It might be just mentioning at the TCC - CLECC meeting just for that purpose, without going into details.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Matthew Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'd consider it to be a blocker for 2.10. I'm pretty sure everyone is agreed on it and discussing it probably wouldn't have too much usefulness. 

Hopefully by the end of September it should at least get started though, too busy right now to consider. I think there are still a few things worth discussing but possibly not with the entire group.

- I think kernel should still exist off on it's own, not sure though.
- I think we should still release (or at least deploy) the api's to a repository, and identify what all of the artifact dependencies for each tool and just deploy those.

- Some tools may still be able to remain indies if we are able to release just the artifacts they depend on, and they might be better off remaining indie, BasicLTI, Lessons are the 2 that had a lot more changes in 2.9 than other tools. There's also all of the contrib tools that will stay indie just because of how they are, so we have to keep it easy to build them. 

So improving the process and eliminating all but a few indies could work out better than eliminating all (since we'll never technically eliminate all), but would still be some work to get there.
 


On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin











_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc




_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sakai2-tcc] next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

In reply to this post by Neal Caidin-3
Reminder - TCC - CLECC this Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern / 5 am Pacific (I'm sure everyone out west will attend!) / 12 pm GMT , etc.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ideas keep popping in my head. 

It might be worthwhile to review the results of the Tools Survey again, now that the summaries are finalized (almost). 

Oh yeah, don't forget to look in Dropbox -> "Final for Publishing" folder for a set of seven PDFs which I'll be publishing to a Confluence page soon (probably after the upgrade so I don't have to re-do).

-- Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

YAAI (yet another agenda item)
-------------------------------------------

How to keep track of which institutions are in the community and what level of Sakai they are on. We have the Jira Prod list, which is great, but not sure it is capturing everything. Sometimes we get list announcements (when we are lucky). Sometimes I see someone new posting to the list and I Google and check the Prod list. Would be nice to know if/when folks leave Sakai as well, just to keep our records straight if nothing else. 

That is one wordy agenda item.

Feel free to suggest items yourself.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin














_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[sakai2-tcc] Tomorrow - Re: next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

Reminder:

8 am Eastern / 12 pm GMT 

Teleconference info
------------------------------
Default Dial-in Number:+1-323-375-2185

Your Conference Code: 8600146 

Find a Dial in number in your city: 

Skype:
Add ‘calliflowerskype’ as a contact in Skype.  You can then call Calliflower directly from Skype. 


Agenda items
----------------------------
Agenda items welcome  

* Reviewing https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+2.9+Action+Items for open items? How to get in community contributions like Yale Signup tool? For 2.10/4? Worth reviewing or highlighting and results from CLE tools survey?

* 2.10/ 4 - developing a realistic schedule, defining scope, identifying goals (if applicable)

* Improvements/automation feasible for QA ? https://github.com/johntbush/sakai-test-suite 

* Community Survey - one more survey for the year? Relating to community participation in CLE, opportunities, roadblocks, connections, marketing of participation opportunities, etc. Goal of survey is to increase community participation.

* Status update on CLA's 

* Status update on Collab email decommission

* Any thoughts on how to keep our Jira Prod list updated? 



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Reminder - TCC - CLECC this Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern / 5 am Pacific (I'm sure everyone out west will attend!) / 12 pm GMT , etc.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ideas keep popping in my head. 

It might be worthwhile to review the results of the Tools Survey again, now that the summaries are finalized (almost). 

Oh yeah, don't forget to look in Dropbox -> "Final for Publishing" folder for a set of seven PDFs which I'll be publishing to a Confluence page soon (probably after the upgrade so I don't have to re-do).

-- Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

YAAI (yet another agenda item)
-------------------------------------------

How to keep track of which institutions are in the community and what level of Sakai they are on. We have the Jira Prod list, which is great, but not sure it is capturing everything. Sometimes we get list announcements (when we are lucky). Sometimes I see someone new posting to the list and I Google and check the Prod list. Would be nice to know if/when folks leave Sakai as well, just to keep our records straight if nothing else. 

That is one wordy agenda item.

Feel free to suggest items yourself.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin















_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Jean-Francois Leveque Jean-Francois Leveque
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sakai2-tcc] Tomorrow - Re: next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

Won't be able to attend. :(

On 11/09/2013 18:36, Neal Caidin wrote:

> Reminder:
>
> 8 am Eastern / 12 pm GMT
>
> Teleconference info
> ------------------------------
> Default Dial-in Number:+1-323-375-2185
>
> Your Conference Code: 8600146
>
> Find a Dial in number in your city:
> https://apps.calliflower.com/account/call_in_numbers?organizer=328940
>
> Skype:
> Add ‘calliflowerskype’ as a contact in Skype. You can then call
> Calliflower directly from Skype.
>
>
> Agenda items
> ----------------------------
> Agenda items welcome
>
> * Reviewing
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+2.9+Action+Items
> for open items? How to get in community contributions like Yale Signup
> tool? For 2.10/4? Worth reviewing or highlighting and results from CLE
> tools survey?
>
> * 2.10/ 4 - developing a realistic schedule, defining scope, identifying
> goals (if applicable)
>
> * Improvements/automation feasible for QA ?
> https://github.com/johntbush/sakai-test-suite
>
> * Community Survey - one more survey for the year? Relating to community
> participation in CLE, opportunities, roadblocks, connections, marketing
> of participation opportunities, etc. Goal of survey is to increase
> community participation.
>
> * Status update on CLA's
>
> * Status update on Collab email decommission
>
> * Any thoughts on how to keep our Jira Prod list updated?
>
>
>
> Neal Caidin
> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Skype: nealkdin
> Twitter: ncaidin
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> Reminder - TCC - CLECC this Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern / 5 am
>> Pacific (I'm sure everyone out west will attend!) / 12 pm GMT , etc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Neal
>>
>>
>>
>> Neal Caidin
>> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Skype: nealkdin
>> Twitter: ncaidin
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Aug 27, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>> Ideas keep popping in my head.
>>>
>>> It might be worthwhile to review the results of the Tools Survey
>>> again, now that the summaries are finalized (almost).
>>>
>>> Oh yeah, don't forget to look in Dropbox -> "Final for Publishing"
>>> folder for a set of seven PDFs which I'll be publishing to a
>>> Confluence page soon (probably after the upgrade so I don't have to
>>> re-do).
>>>
>>> -- Neal
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Neal Caidin
>>> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
>>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>> Skype: nealkdin
>>> Twitter: ncaidin
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> YAAI (yet another agenda item)
>>>> -------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> How to keep track of which institutions are in the community and
>>>> what level of Sakai they are on. We have the Jira Prod list, which
>>>> is great, but not sure it is capturing everything. Sometimes we get
>>>> list announcements (when we are lucky). Sometimes I see someone new
>>>> posting to the list and I Google and check the Prod list. Would be
>>>> nice to know if/when folks leave Sakai as well, just to keep our
>>>> records straight if nothing else.
>>>>
>>>> That is one wordy agenda item.
>>>>
>>>> Feel free to suggest items yourself.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Neal
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Neal Caidin
>>>> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
>>>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>>> Skype: nealkdin
>>>> Twitter: ncaidin
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]
>>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Another Agenda item
>>>>> --------------------------------
>>>>> Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be
>>>>> interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this
>>>>> effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…
>>>>>
>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Neal Caidin
>>>>> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
>>>>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>>>> Skype: nealkdin
>>>>> Twitter: ncaidin
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]
>>>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Possible Agenda Items
>>>>>> ------------------
>>>>>> * Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of
>>>>>> release if there is one
>>>>>> * Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
>>>>>> * Improvements/automatiion of build process?
>>>>>> * Improvements/automation of QA process?
>>>>>> * Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
>>>>>> * Status of reduction in # of email groups
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Your thoughts on agenda items?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to
>>>>>> the list.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>> Neal
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Neal Caidin
>>>>>> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
>>>>>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>>>>> Skype: nealkdin
>>>>>> Twitter: ncaidin
_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[sakai2-tcc] In about 15 minutes - Re: next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

In reply to this post by Neal Caidin-3
Reminder



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Sep 11, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Reminder:

8 am Eastern / 12 pm GMT 

Teleconference info
------------------------------
Default Dial-in Number:+1-323-375-2185

Your Conference Code: 8600146 

Find a Dial in number in your city: 

Skype:
Add ‘calliflowerskype’ as a contact in Skype.  You can then call Calliflower directly from Skype. 


Agenda items
----------------------------
Agenda items welcome  

* Reviewing https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+2.9+Action+Items for open items? How to get in community contributions like Yale Signup tool? For 2.10/4? Worth reviewing or highlighting and results from CLE tools survey?

* 2.10/ 4 - developing a realistic schedule, defining scope, identifying goals (if applicable)

* Improvements/automation feasible for QA ? https://github.com/johntbush/sakai-test-suite 

* Community Survey - one more survey for the year? Relating to community participation in CLE, opportunities, roadblocks, connections, marketing of participation opportunities, etc. Goal of survey is to increase community participation.

* Status update on CLA's 

* Status update on Collab email decommission

* Any thoughts on how to keep our Jira Prod list updated? 



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Reminder - TCC - CLECC this Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern / 5 am Pacific (I'm sure everyone out west will attend!) / 12 pm GMT , etc.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ideas keep popping in my head. 

It might be worthwhile to review the results of the Tools Survey again, now that the summaries are finalized (almost). 

Oh yeah, don't forget to look in Dropbox -> "Final for Publishing" folder for a set of seven PDFs which I'll be publishing to a Confluence page soon (probably after the upgrade so I don't have to re-do).

-- Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

YAAI (yet another agenda item)
-------------------------------------------

How to keep track of which institutions are in the community and what level of Sakai they are on. We have the Jira Prod list, which is great, but not sure it is capturing everything. Sometimes we get list announcements (when we are lucky). Sometimes I see someone new posting to the list and I Google and check the Prod list. Would be nice to know if/when folks leave Sakai as well, just to keep our records straight if nothing else. 

That is one wordy agenda item.

Feel free to suggest items yourself.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin
















_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc
Neal Caidin-3 Neal Caidin-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[sakai2-tcc] Summary - Re: next TCC - CLECC - Thursday, Sept 12, 8 am Eastern (12 pm GMT)

Actual Agenda
---------------------------------


It's all we had time to cover, and still went over time a bit. Aaron updated the Confluence page to bring it up-to-date. As you've seen, I've started several discussion threads from items that came up. There is also some follow up going on over several other items on the list through individual emails and Jira comments. We should have more to report soon. 

As a side conversation, Matt and I discussed the possibility of using the Agile feature in Jira to track the status of items, instead of the Confluence page. I think this is worth exploring, though it does mean we need a Jira ticket for everything (not everything on that page has one yet), and we would need to standardize on the use of some fields a little better than we have been. It looks like a pretty cool, and very flexible configurable feature. We should check it out. [Just a brainstorm idea at this point].


Status updates (not covered on call)
------------------------------------------------------
* Status update on CLA's  - making a lot of progress on this. Anth and I created a spreadsheet to show who has SVN accounts but no CLAs and who has CLAs but no SVN account. Between those two categories there are close to 600 email addresses (some are the same person with more than one email address). There are a huge number of CLAs which are not posted to Confluence. It appears that Concentra has found a large batch (a couple of hundred) , so now I need to go through those, and hopefully that will fill in a lot of the missing puzzle.

* Status on Collab server decommission - going rather slowly, but inching towards progress, one listserve at a time. Will report if we get any big wins :-). 

Survey (not discussed)
-----------------------------------------------
I would like us to do one more survey for the year, focused on Community. I'm thinking the goal is to increase community contributions. I could come up with a strawperson set of questions to run by this group. WDYT?  If we do a survey, I think we need to get it out in October. 


Other items not covered at this meeting
----------------------------------------------------------

* How to get in community contributions like Yale Signup tool? Timing? 

* 2nd look at the Tools survey results?

* 2.10/ trunk Schedule.  (note: we did get some input on schedule from the CLE release call).

* Improvements/automation feasible for QA ? https://github.com/johntbush/sakai-test-suite 

* Any thoughts on how to keep our Jira Prod list updated? 


Maybe worth another meeting in a couple of weeks. I'll check with TCC Chair/ Vice Chair and get their opinion.

Thanks,
Neal


Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Sep 12, 2013, at 7:45 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Reminder



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Sep 11, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Reminder:

8 am Eastern / 12 pm GMT 

Teleconference info
------------------------------
Default Dial-in Number:+1-323-375-2185

Your Conference Code: 8600146 

Find a Dial in number in your city: 

Skype:
Add ‘calliflowerskype’ as a contact in Skype.  You can then call Calliflower directly from Skype. 


Agenda items
----------------------------
Agenda items welcome  

* Reviewing https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+2.9+Action+Items for open items? How to get in community contributions like Yale Signup tool? For 2.10/4? Worth reviewing or highlighting and results from CLE tools survey?

* 2.10/ 4 - developing a realistic schedule, defining scope, identifying goals (if applicable)

* Improvements/automation feasible for QA ? https://github.com/johntbush/sakai-test-suite 

* Community Survey - one more survey for the year? Relating to community participation in CLE, opportunities, roadblocks, connections, marketing of participation opportunities, etc. Goal of survey is to increase community participation.

* Status update on CLA's 

* Status update on Collab email decommission

* Any thoughts on how to keep our Jira Prod list updated? 



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Reminder - TCC - CLECC this Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern / 5 am Pacific (I'm sure everyone out west will attend!) / 12 pm GMT , etc.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ideas keep popping in my head. 

It might be worthwhile to review the results of the Tools Survey again, now that the summaries are finalized (almost). 

Oh yeah, don't forget to look in Dropbox -> "Final for Publishing" folder for a set of seven PDFs which I'll be publishing to a Confluence page soon (probably after the upgrade so I don't have to re-do).

-- Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

YAAI (yet another agenda item)
-------------------------------------------

How to keep track of which institutions are in the community and what level of Sakai they are on. We have the Jira Prod list, which is great, but not sure it is capturing everything. Sometimes we get list announcements (when we are lucky). Sometimes I see someone new posting to the list and I Google and check the Prod list. Would be nice to know if/when folks leave Sakai as well, just to keep our records straight if nothing else. 

That is one wordy agenda item.

Feel free to suggest items yourself.

Thanks,
Neal



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Another Agenda item
--------------------------------
Timetable for flatenning Indies into Sakai core? Would be interested in discussing if there is a plan/resources for this effort. I assume for 2.10 and later…

Cheers



Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin









On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Neal Caidin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Next TCC - CLECC meeting, based on Doodle poll, is 

Thursday, Sept 12 at 8 am Eastern, 12 pm GMT

Possible Agenda Items
------------------
* Discuss whether there is a need for CLE 2.9.4 / timing of release if there is one
* Start planning for a CLE 2.10 ?
* Improvements/automatiion of build process? 
* Improvements/automation of QA process?
* Status of Individual and Corporate License Agreements
* Status of reduction in # of email groups

Your thoughts on agenda items?

No decisions will be made. Any discussions will be brought back to the list.

Cheers,
Neal




Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Skype: nealkdin
Twitter: ncaidin

















_______________________________________________
sakai2-tcc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai2-tcc